• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

New TP Site & iPad Issues

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
Now would you believe it!
Yes.

I've been trying to for some time to see if there is any consistency in whether alerts are triggered when they should be, it affect all alerts (I've not been testing media related alerts).
In the case of watched threads the reason for watching seems to be immaterial

I've ruled out being simultaneously logged in on two systems and the popularity of threads which might send more alerts to systems than the server can handle.

Resetting the options seems to help for a while.

Strangely 'Can I...Should I' @Sam Luvit seems to be immune from problems.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I wish @nitram. Alerts for “so bizzare” are random, I get nothing, then see I’m pages behind, them get several fir a day, then nothing for days ??

I get alerts when I’ve already read the thread? I’ve pretty much given up & just sort by watched threads & scan to see if anything new

I do appear to get alerts if there is an “@samluvit” though

As for the issue of jumping to another page ... that is very much on going I’m sad to say

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
YEA!!!! Got an email alert for my watched thread art and crafty

Is someone pulling my leg??

As I didn’t get alert for this thread or the other two I’m watching

:D

@nitram

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’ve given up on email notifications & don’t have them, just the flag on the site. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.

I’m far more irritated by the jumping page thing. iPad nearly went through a window earlier I was soooooo annoyed with it

Arrrgggghhhhhh

I pressed post reply & it took me to change notifications page !!!

I give in

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It can get irritating when you open a post that's new to you but already has garnered several responses. You want to read from the start but the site fights against you in a battle of wills, jumping to the end of the page while you're trying to scroll up. Grr.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Good. Well done. Hard thinking work

Now mine?? My turn :)

Mine still not working properly

When I get the time, shall go through motions of un tick / tick boxes, save, switch off phone, reset etc etc and report back

Might not be for a while until later today

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Yes

But

Eg says 4 new posts

Click on flag and get a list of posts, including ones I’ve read

Sorry for delay in replying.... been garden chair chasing

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
Any orange asterisks against the time interval since posting?

The asterisk seems to indicate an unread post except that there is a time delay between reading and it vanishing.

As an aside I've not found anything missed on watched forums/new threads but that is harder to check

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Not used lap top to access TP

Only use iPhone 6 via safari

I’m generally outside getting “fresh air” when I pop into TP so have only see purple eye

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
As promised an update

2 emails to notify new posts on my watch list Amy in us loosing the plot and Beate life with and after

Flag says 5 new posts on watched

10 + messages listed when clicked watch threads button

10+ when click flag

Interesting note : first time I’ve had an update for Amy thread loosing the plot for a while. I missed 2 pages until I looked for her thread a few days ago

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
North Manchester
@2jays

More or less my experience over the last few months.

I think this phrase often used in a different context on TP sums it up - 'Variable and unpredictable'

I differ from you in that if I get a flag I get an email.

Last edited: