New to this

LinRat

Jan 25, 2020
Hi to you all I am new to this group having found myself caring for my mum with a newly diagnosed Lewy body dementia, although I have known for a number of years something was not ‘quite right’ with her behaviour. Dad did a great job of masking mums behaviour until 18 months ago when mum found him dead on the bathroom floor, our world imploded, dad was our world. Since then mum has been what feels like in self destruction, she had a 5 week hospital stay just before Christmas where her dementia was diagnosed. We are as a family devastated having not had time to grieve for dad, and supporting mum, we are in the process of getting support for mum at home to help us, but this is a minefield, hoping that I can gain some advice

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Perhaps you could arrange for some respite at a care home so that she will be looked after during that period and you can have a bit of space to consider long term arrangements.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sending you my condolences on the loss of your dad @LinRat . There is a wealth of knowledge on here and nearly every question you have there will be an answer . I have learnt a huge amount from Tp and have actually shared that with gp and others you think would know . Please read through threads when you can and keep posting for help, advice or just to get it out . Take care