New to this..

Searching

Oct 18, 2019
My mum has gone into a ch after a stay in hospital, she lived with my dad who refused to let her back in the house, told social services he couldn’t cope although he didn’t help her anyway and he hasn’t seen her or spoken to her since, that was in June. My problem is her rapid decline, she is well looked after and the staff are lovely but she doesn’t want to mix with others so is in her room most of the time, now she is so depressed when we go that she keeps asking if she is in prison! She is either crying or asleep now when we go and I don’t know what to do. We have taken her out a few times but she gets very distressed going back because she wants to go home. I hate seeing her so sad. She is on medication for depression and b12 injections now but is not improving.
My question is “will this pass or can I do something to help her”
Thanks for listening x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
My mum has gone into a ch after a stay in hospital, she lived with my dad who refused to let her back in the house, told social services he couldn’t cope although he didn’t help her anyway and he hasn’t seen her or spoken to her since, that was in June. My problem is her rapid decline, she is well looked after and the staff are lovely but she doesn’t want to mix with others so is in her room most of the time, now she is so depressed when we go that she keeps asking if she is in prison! She is either crying or asleep now when we go and I don’t know what to do. We have taken her out a few times but she gets very distressed going back because she wants to go home. I hate seeing her so sad. She is on medication for depression and b12 injections now but is not improving.
Thanks for listening x

my mum was recently put on memantine along with the antidepressants- for Mum that has really helped; not resolved the depression but markedly improved her mental health.

Talk to the care home & raise your concerns, the CMHT & yourMums Gp. An email to these will give you a paper trail.
I hope your Mum gets the medication to help her. My Mum has never been a joiner, & adamantly won’t help herself to a certain point.
There is only so much you can do my lovely, take care.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Thanks for listening x
Hi.Im not sure there is much that you can do.You can speak to the GP etc who may increase her medication.
I have had similar issues with my dad who is still at home.(Not with me though .He lives on his own with carers in 4 x a day.)He has had his Mirtazapine increased from 15mg to 30mg.But tbh it hasn’t made much difference.I come and take him out in his wheelchair as he is not much of a mixer either.Not a people lover unless it is doing what he wants.So as previously suggested maybe contact the home and GP.