New to the Forum

Pams Sis

Aug 15, 2015
Lancs
Good Evening Everone
This is my First ever Post to the Forum
My husband , who is in his 60's, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease about a year ago. Although he is, I think, only in the early stages, his behaviour and moods are very erratic and difficult to cope with. I am hoping to gain some help and reassurance from Everone, a Friend who understands your concerns must help? That was a long introduction, wasn't it !!:)

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Pams, welcome to TP
You've come to the right place, we got oodles of help and reassurance on here with a big side helping of understanding. Pull up a chair and join in the fray:)
K

99purdy

Oct 31, 2014
Hi Pams Sis, you will find everbody really helpful on here. My dear stepdad is in an EMI unit with severe and challenging behaviour. This came on very suddenly and to be honest I had no experience of dementia (Lewy Bodies) it really was a learning curve. I have found so much information on here and somebody is always able to give good advise and share experiences. Keep posting as they say a problem shared is a problem halved. X

Pams Sis

Aug 15, 2015
Lancs
New to forum reply to Kevini

Hi Pams, welcome to TP
You've come to the right place, we got oodles of help and reassurance on here with a big side helping of understanding. Pull up a chair and join in the fray:)
K

Hi Kevini
Thankyou So much for welcoming me so kindly and quickly
I am already glad I have done this, I feel the help is going to be So Good for me
Got Lots to say !

Pams Sis

Aug 15, 2015
Lancs
New to forum

Hi Pams Sis, you will find everbody really helpful on here. My dear stepdad is in an EMI unit with severe and challenging behaviour. This came on very suddenly and to be honest I had no experience of dementia (Lewy Bodies) it really was a learning curve. I have found so much information on here and somebody is always able to give good advise and share experiences. Keep posting as they say a problem shared is a problem halved. X

Hi 99Purdy
Thankyou for welcoming me to TP
I am Glad that you have found help and advise for your problems,
Friendly understanding and empathy is So what we need
Hoping to share and halve lots of probs with you all ,OK !

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hi Kevini
Thankyou So much for welcoming me so kindly and quickly
I am already glad I have done this, I feel the help is going to be So Good for me
Got Lots to say !

Hi Pam Sis, welcome! Keep talking we'll be listening and helping if we can. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Pams Sis
Good morning and welcome from me too. My OH (other half) is also in his mid-60s and was diagnosed with Alzheimers a year ago. I was lucky that I found TP quite quickly and the support you get on here is amazing.

I'm sorry to hear that things are so up and down with your husband. Is he able to talk about how he's feeling? Fortunately my OH has opened up a lot since the diagnosis, previously he was someone who never talked about his feelings.

I do find that he is best when everything around him is calm. For example if I'm feeling stressed and I don't manage to hide it, then he gets anxious and exhibits odd behaviour. When we talk about it afterwards he says that he feels he is responsible for my stress although I do try to make it clear that he isn't.

This is such a tough journey but hopefully having found TP you won't feel you're going on the journey on your own.

Take care

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
A warm welcome from me too. :) I count the members of TP as my friends, and they have been incredibly helpful and supportive. If there's anything you ever want to know, please post about it, because inevitably someone else has experienced the same thing, and can offer help and advice. xxx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Pams, a warm welcome to you here on Talking Point:) ️️lots to share and read, and the communication between us as carers and people that care is second to none..so keep on posting and take care.
Chris