New to the Forum

milton15793

Sep 2, 2010
Scotland
Hello to everyone. It is comforting to know that there are so many people on here willing to give support and advice. I found this site by accident and have found out so much since doing so. At times being a carer can be so lonely even though you have family around you. It is so good to be able to talk to others who can relate to what you are going through. I know now that a lot of what I am experiencing as a carer of someone with Alzheimers is what is to be expected and not only happening to me. Thank-you to all who have helped me so far and to those who may perhaps do so in the future. It is so good to know I am among so many new friends.

Julie x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Julie

Welcome to TP.

I also found this site by accident , in 2006, and have been here ever since.
I hope you get the support you need, I`m sure you will. I agree with you about the loneliness. Hopefully, now you have found TP, life will be better for you.

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Hello Julie

I completely agree with you, this site is a huge help, seeing other people are feeling and going through what you are. I think it makes the whole experience less lonely and frightening. And although everytime I see someone new I feel sad becasue it means another person is going through a traumatic experience, I am glad the friendship and support here has been found xxx

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Hi Julie,

I am also very new to this site & so far I have just been reading other peoples postings, have not yet had the courage to 'jump in'! I agree with all that you say, it is so good to know 'we are not alone'

Take care,

love Dottie

Rosie

Jun 10, 2004
South East Wales, UK.
Welcome...

Hia Julie, welcome to TP.. This forum has been a lifeline to me, you will get plenty of sensible advice, understanding, lots information regarding lots things, & plenty hugs & love. I have been logging on for a few years now, my lovely Mam passed away sadly last September, but I still log on to keep in touch with all the lovely people here who have always supported me & comforted me in my dark times, keep in touch & as I say you will be glad you found TP... Luv Rosie xxx

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hello Julie,
My gran always used to say a problem shared is a problem halved. But sometimes it's hard to find people who you can share with. This forum is a lifeline to many and I never thought I would spend so much time sharing my problems on the internet - of all places! But it works. And like you I have made new friends.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacky290