New To Talking-point :)

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Everyone Iv Just Signed Up To Talking-point. Im 24 Years Old And Care For My Mum Who Has Mixed Dementia, Vascular And Lewy Body Dementia With Parkinsons Symptoms. My Mum Suggested I Join Talking-point As She Goes On Here Every Now And Again. She's Had A Lot Of Help And Support From People On Here :). I Was Wondering If There's Anyone Who Would Like To Chat :)

Shaunna :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Wow, Sky. You must be the youngest TP Member I've ever chatted with. This is a great site. Hope you find it helpful. Very sorry to read your news. Anything you want to ask, you go ahead and ask. There are loads of folk here who can point you in the right direction for help and advice.

Good to meet you, xxx

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Cat27 There's So Many Amazing People On Here. My Mum Used To Let Me Read Some Of The Story's People Wrote And Most Of The Time I Ended Up Crying. Talking-point Is So Helpful To Everyone x. Thank You.

Shaunna x.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hello Sky welcome. Sorry you've had to find TP but in the circumstances you couldn't have come anywhere better to get help and support. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Chuggalug Thank You For Replying. Sometime I Fell So Much Alone Even Though I Have A Big Family. Some Of The Family Don't Understand My Mum. Sometime My Mum Is Up At Night Just Walking Around. I Found Her Once Walking Down The Street But Since They We Have Put An Alarm On The Door. My Mum Has Bad Day And Good Days :) x.I Find Talking-point Very Helpful Already. Thank you x. Btw my Name Is Shaunna Sky :) x.

Shaunna x.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hey Chuggalug Thank You For Replying. Sometime I Fell So Much Alone Even Though I Have A Big Family. Some Of The Family Don't Understand My Mum. Sometime My Mum Is Up At Night Just Walking Around. I Found Her Once Walking Down The Street But Since They We Have Put An Alarm On The Door. My Mum Has Bad Day And Good Days :) x.I Find Talking-point Very Helpful Already. Thank you x. Btw my Name Is Shaunna Sky :) x.

Shaunna x.

Hey Shaunna :) Is that the thing we call sundowning, with the wandering? My huby was like that when he lived with me. He's in full time care now. The wandering thing was a bit of a nightmare.

Dementia is very difficult for many people to cope with, so I understand how some of your family might be feeling. Do make sure you get all the rest you need when you can. That's very important. All the very best to you and yours, Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Jinx Thank You For Replying. I Have Found People On Talking-point So Kind And Helpful.

Shaunna Sky x

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Chuggalug Think My Mum Does Have Sundowning. When I Found Out My Mum Had Dementia It Was Heart Braking
I Just Couldent Understand Why My Mum As I Dident Know Anyone Else Who Had It. We Had Our Crys But Now Were Making The Most Of What We Have x. Thank You For Your Kind Word x.

Shaunna Sky x.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome Shauna. You are very young to be carrying such a burden and I imagine your mum must be young too. Hopefully you will find lots of advice and comfort here. Best wishes to you both. Verity

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hello Everyone Iv Just Signed Up To Talking-point. Im 24 Years Old And Care For My Mum Who Has Mixed Dementia, Vascular And Lewy Body Dementia With Parkinsons Symptoms. My Mum Suggested I Join Talking-point As She Goes On Here Every Now And Again. She's Had A Lot Of Help And Support From People On Here :). I Was Wondering If There's Anyone Who Would Like To Chat :)

Shaunna :)

Oh my goodness - you have a lot of responsibility on very young shoulders. Your Mum is blessed to have such a wonderful caring daughter. The people on TP are great, and whatever your problem, you'll always find someone to help.

I wish you and your Mum well. :) xxx

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Truth24 My Mum Is 56 Years Old. She Sat Me Down Once And Said What Ever I Choice To Do Is Fine. But I Wouldn't Change Any Of It. I Love My Mum So Much. She Looked After Me When I Was Younger So It's My Turn To Look After Her Now She's Older. She's Always Telling Me Not To Waste My Life Caring For Her But I Just Say I Want To. She Looked After Her Stepdad For 30 Years So I Know How Hard It Can Be But I Still Wouldn't Change It. I'm Lucky I Do Have Other Family Members Who Would Take Over If I Wanted Them To. Thank you for caring.

Shaunna Sky x.

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Scarlett123 Iv Found Talking-point So Helpful People Are So Kind And Caring. It's Lovely To See How Many Have Replied To My Message The Support Is Amazing. Already I Feel Like People Understand. Thank You For Your Your Support :) x.
How Are You? x.

Shaunna Sky x.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Hey Scarlett123 Iv Found Talking-point So Helpful People Are So Kind And Caring. It's Lovely To See How Many Have Replied To My Message The Support Is Amazing. Already I Feel Like People Understand. Thank You For Your Your Support :) x.
How Are You? x.

Shaunna Sky x.

I'm keeping as busy as I can, because that is a great help for me. The lovely thing about TP is that people understand and you don't have to keep explaining yourself. Keep posting, and you'll get loads of help. xxx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hi.Shaunna and welcome to TP from me, too. It sounds like you have a lovely relationship with your mum, and you are obviously very close. I'm sure you'll get loads of friendly advice and support if and when you need it. TP has been amazing for me, and I've made lots of friends here.

Keep posting :)

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hey Collegegirl Thank You For Replying To My Message. Since I Joined Yesterday Iv Had So Many Lovely People Comment And It Makes Me Feel Happy :). hope Your Doing Okay :).

Shaunna Sky x.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Shaunna, l feel so much for you, you are so young to be caring for your mother, l cared for my mother that was many years ago, l am now caring for my hubby. Do try to get out as much as you can, do you have any help with your mother? Keep posting here on TP you will always have many friends to help and advise you, well done you are a very kind caring daughter.

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Pamann Thank You So Much For Your Kind Words. It Means So Much That People Are Saying So Many Kind Things To Me. Would It Be Alright To Ask What's Wrong With Your Husband. There Are My Other Sisters Who Can Help But Because I Like With My Mum I Help Her :) x. Iv Have Met So Many Wonderful People On Here. I Really Glad My Mum Got Me To Join This Site.

Shaunna Sky.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Shaunna, my husband has Alzheimers, he has had it for 9yrs, his Mother and Grandmother had it, we have been together for 55yrs, l am so lucky to be fit and healthy to be able to look after him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife