New to site , Mother was diagnosed with Alzeimer's last year , Current issue is around driving

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Regards taking action before anyone becomes a danger surly that cover a multitude of illness or medical conditions I agree if we could all see into the future it would be amazing when there is so many atrocities involving physical violence or injury.
Absolutely, anyone with a progressive incurable condition that affects driving safety should be giving up.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Absolutely, anyone with a progressive incurable condition that affects driving safety should be giving up.
MartinWL

obviously I agree anything that effects a person’s ability to drive safely irrespective of medical condition should be taken off the roads, however I don’t agree that should be compulsory because of Dementia, I will explain probably in past threads you will note I have dementia diagnoses almost 22 years ago has the effected my driving No it hasn’t my life didn’t stop 22 years :cool: ago I had eight more year to work until my retirement for starters :rolleyes:and was an essential car user so need a driving licence. however I still have a functional brain :D ok not firing on all fours :eek: but I’m not so stupid;);) and realizeed if anything happens whilst I’m driving some smart a** lawyer will try to shift the blame onto to me because of dementia, but I'm far to smart for that so I must protect myself and my driving licence, I do that by making sure I have my car camera on at all times when driving actually I carry two cameras |I live in the Country side Village and the road are very narrow with a loads of corners or bends and use by teenage horse riders who think its fine to ride side by side to use their mobile phones , cyclists riding in pairs or sometime three abreast, similar with walkers, and even worst holiday traffic often oblivious to oncoming traffic so you will see the importance of camera evidence in case of an issue so basically I think if a person with dementia is aware of the condition / illness and keep their brains active stay alert and remain confident. and believe in their selves ;) and trust their own judgements it’s Not a Problem :):)

attache photo Typical Country Road approximately 3½ miles to nearest Town

Attachments

• IMG_7851.jpg
    IMG_7851.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew2024