New thing happening... does anyone else have this?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
For some time I wake up sweeting a lot. I can feel it running down my arms and my tshirts and bottems soaking. But I am very cold!

The heating turned down, but still the same. Change the quilt but still the same.

Does anyone have this happen to them?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
This happen to my mum. It was as if she was going through the menopause, but at 90 years old she passed that decades ago! The doctor said that there was a part of the brain that regulates temperature and often with dementia this part doesnt work very well. She just had to change her PJs a lot!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
It used to happen to my wife, it was put down to the part of the brain that controls temperature being damaged.

It can also be caused by other things so it would be best to mention it to your GP

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
It happens to my wife quite often. Her perception of temperature has become quite different to mine - we were very similar in the past. The GP put her back on menopause meds but they made no difference so, with his agreement, I'm now weaning her back off that medication. I too get the impression that it's just a result of changes in the brain, however, I would also suggest consulting a GP with what may be a medical problem.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
OH used to say things were wet, but they were just cold. So overnight clothes put on radiator, just to make sure they were warm for the morning!i

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
My OH does occasionally get this. Can only suggest pure cotton pyjamas/sheets or some of the wicking pyjamas (think they are bamboo) but very expensive.

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hi, this happens to me too. It's horrible! I haven't now thought it could be medication related but now not so sure. I'm 60 and had the menopause in my late thirties so it's not that with me either.

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Hiya

Yes I get this lots.
My usually excellent GP had no idea what caused it so posts on here are useful.
The sheets and pjs have to be changed daily...pain as I cant do it due to a stroke and my wife is struggling with chemo.
I often get sweats in early evening too..ends up with day clothes being wet. This while my wife says its cold. I feel cold too.
Thermostat is set at 20!
John

confab22

Mar 6, 2018
For some time I wake up sweeting a lot. I can feel it running down my arms and my tshirts and bottems soaking. But I am very cold!

The heating turned down, but still the same. Change the quilt but still the same.

Does anyone have this happen to them?
yes but keeping at same temp is hard if your body warm and you have arms out it triggers the sweat it sensitive to say the least

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK