new tests for hubby

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re testing for more sinester things going on
small bleed small tumor etc
he is going down quickly
over the last week i have started to jot things down cos i try to put it out of my mind but i know it has to be delt with last night while watching tv sorry but a black boggie came down his nose --i handed him a tissue half hour later another one came down i handed him a tissue there was blood on it
i said nothing but do i tell docs or wait for scans
love belx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel, tell the doctor straight away.

If you are concerned, phone NHS Direct. You can phone tonight to put your mind at rest, there will be someone there to help you.

The number is 0845 4647

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Bel

That sounds very frightening for you. I missed your post last night, I'd gone to bed early. Did you let the GP know?

I do hope Bob is better today. Let us know.

Love,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
re black boggie sorry to say it

this happened a couple of nights ago thank goodness nothing similar since i could not find my post on this subject and i did not want to mention it to bob for fear of frightening him or inform docs in case it was somthing and nothing but i have found thread now and i must admit it is worrying me i am watching his nose a lot i have never seen anything like it before they seemed to just appear thanks skye and sylv you have helped make my mind up i will follow this through tommorrow and also chase the so called quick scans
love bel x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi bel, glad you found your post!

It's good that you haven't had any more problems, it was probably just a small blood vessel in his nose that burst, but I think you should certainly tell your GP. It might help you to get the scan through quicker.

Thanks for letting us know, I was worried for you.

Love,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
black bo---

spoke to our gp today
says it needs reporting to consultant team came for info re bob being assested next week i mentioned it to them there is a gp on site so he will check it out then
they said cos it is black blood and no more has happened probably not yo worry too much was not easy 2 ladies came to see us before bob goes on monday he and i were told it was one day a week for 6 weeks but No they have changed system bob has to do a full week
i can see the sence of it they will get a better picture of how he is but it hurts he sat between these 2 girls and he looked so small HE IS NOT but he could not find words to answer their questions they kept looking at me for answers
come monday i feel like i am taking my child to school for the first time
but he is not my child he is the man i love
he says he is doing it all for me he says to team if i hate it have i still got to go
it would break your heart it has took a long time to get him to go its not what i want but it has to be if i want to keep him with me as long as possible
love bel xx

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
the great escape

hubby went to start his week of accesment today i wanted to close shop and take him but he says no his friend would take him he knows we have been a bit quite in shop lately you might miss a customer --i wish i had insisted on going with him --half an hour later telephone call from centre hubby is very distraught wants to come home he was upset he says they were all old 80 plus and gar gar they told us he would be with younger onset of dementia people i know it frightened him
when they brought him home i said never again i will see where you are going before hand my worry was at first --i hope this does not push him further along Thank Goodness for his Daft sence of humor cos after a few hours of upset we joked along thats his way now as the day has gone on he says i wanted to escape his words how do they do it steve mc queen on motor bikes on tv he could not remember so now we both joke about it they say he can be assesed at home Why did they not tell us this before save putting him through today i am angry i listened to them psycologist that comes to see hubby and i regular for 2 years should i think of known it was the wrong place for hubby comments would be very welcome love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi bel.

I`m really sorry your husband was so shocked and distaught when he went for his assessment.

I`m annoyed for you that there was a possibility that this assessment could be conducted at home, and you weren`t made aware of it.

It`s a lesson for us all. I think if my husband were to be advised to go for a residential assessment, I would want to visit the unit first, to see what would be in store for him.

Take care

Love xx

Peapod

May 19, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Hugs to you, Bel.
We weren't offered a home assessment tho' perhaps it was because my mother was having difficulty coping at home; I think just one more sleepless night would have finished us all off.
After seeing Dad yesterday all we wanted to do was get him out of the unit, although the staff are wonderful and the unit itself is cheerful and really nice - it's a terrible balance to try and get right.....

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
dear sylvia

so right
i have assured hubby what ever in future is sugessted I will check it out first my fault --i wanted to take him in If i had seen him distressed i would of not let him stay
although we laugh and joke this has made him feel more vunrable i can see it
visiting psycologist is comming thursday she is lovelly has been with us for over 2 years she and consutant advised HE needed to go they both said it would be for younger dementia people
i am upset for my hubby as he is -joking thats him --but it has frightened him
i am a soft person do not like to make a fuss but i have to stand up and be counted for my hubby
he cant speak for himself so i have to stop being so soft they have delt with it wr
ong and thanks to you all especially sylvii i will get stronger and put our point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheree.fielder1