New territory

Singing Friend

Nov 5, 2014
London
I haven't posted much on the forums lately. Mum settled well into the care home and life was going along peacefully for most of us. In the last couple of months it became clear she was failing, but she still enjoyed life, ate well, took pleasure in seeing her family (even if we were all interchangeable, and she couldn't remember who was who!) and loved beautiful things, enjoyed flowers and the view from her window.

Then on Monday morning this week she had some sort of "event" and she died in the early hours of Tuesday morning. One of my sisters was able to visit her on Monday afternoon and was allowed in despite the home being in lockdown, so that was nice. None of the rest of us made it, but we all have our own memories.

Trying to organise the funeral will not be fun! Her remaining siblings won't be able to attend, and some of us might also find travel hard. The numbers will be kept small, but the crematorium is still doing funerals at the moment. I've been trying to organise things from nearly 300 miles away, and wondering if I should just go up there and be prepared for a long stay. After all, all my regular activities have been cancelled anyway!

Saying goodbye was always going to be hard. This is just a nightmare.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I'm sorry for your loss @Singing Friend . My dad died suddenly and unexpectedly although he had been declining so I know what a shock it is. Non of us made it to his side.
With the situation as it is at the moment it must be difficult to make any decisions. Just do what feels right in the circumstances. I hope it goes as well as it can.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry for your loss @Singing Friend
Funerals are never easy and there always seems to be some problem or another.
Just take it bit at a time . When mum died and I had to organise the funeral (OH was in hospital having had a stroke) I made lists - ticking stuff off and making new lists. Are the funeral directors helpful? I found mums invaluable.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar