New style of care?

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
We're in one the areas, I wondered if something was going on as after the last visit to the memory clinic we didn't get asked to make an appointment in 6 months time then out of the blue the GP phone up and asked my wife to go in for an assessment something that's never happened before with either her or my mother (same GP practice). Time will tell I suppose.
K

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
We are in East Herts which is one of the sites. At our last memory clinic we were given an appointment for six months but I told the memory nurse that I had heard that we would be seen by the GP for medications next time. Sne said they had been told to keep it quiet and asked who I had heard this from and I said the commissioning lead for Herts. Now this all becomes a bit clearer.
I have to say that in the past two weeks services have appeared more joined up. We were visited by a SW to see if there were any aids to help get my husband in and out of bed as he fell just after Christmas and I had to call an ambulance to get him up. The SW who came said we could try a bed lever and she would order one and then come out to see me once it has been delivered.
I mentioned to her I have had a Carers Assessment outstanding which was supposed to happen in early December. She said she could do that at the same visit when she came about the bed lever which seems eminently sensible and more joined up than I am used to.
I have had a call from her today saying they have a bed lever in stock so she will bring it when she does my carers assessment. We have agreed a date the week after next as I prefer to have the assessment when my husband is at day care.
I will keep you posted as to how things progress but it does seem hopeful.
Tre

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I am in 19 and I actually take part in some of their work streams giving input as a carer! :) I hadn't realised it's part of a wider system!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Oh Celia, what a dunderhead I am! I read your title as 'new style of CAR'! A car that could help Alzheimer's, now there's a novelty :D :rolleyes:

I did that listening to Woman's ' Hour, I couldn't figure out why they were spending the whole hour talking about "National Volvo Health Awareness Day" it's not like girl's like cars and anyway Volvos always go round with their lights on, then I had a Specsaver moment and realised it was a "lady garden" related issue and nothing to do with cars at all, how daft was that:)
K

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN