New phase

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello chick so sorry today didn't go well for you, it is such a busy day, people have no time for us they don't know how everyday we have to cope with so much distress,
My hubby got up at 11am decided to go to cinema to see Suite Francaise hubby loves going to cinema, but always falls asleep, an expensive sleep!!! I enjoyed the film. Hubby has just gone to bed, will wake him up later for sleeping pills.
I can manage to look after him all the while he is not aggressive, it is so frightening for me.
Hope tomorrow is a good day for both of us.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello chick so sorry today didn't go well for you, it is such a busy day, people have no time for us they don't know how everyday we have to cope with so much distress,
My hubby got up at 11am decided to go to cinema to see Suite Francaise hubby loves going to cinema, but always falls asleep, an expensive sleep!!! I enjoyed the film. Hubby has just gone to bed, will wake him up later for sleeping pills.
I can manage to look after him all the while he is not aggressive, it is so frightening for me.
Hope tomorrow is a good day for both of us.

Dearest Pam I should not moan, when you are having to cope with so much more than I have bless you! It must be terribly upsetting and so frightening for you having to deal with aggression ! Was thinking about the tablet , could you hide it in food or a sandwich or something like that? Do you get any help with hubs? Thinking of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Bless you my dear, l can get the tablets in liquid form, so tomorrow will go to our surgery to ask for it, you can put it in orange juice which he has every morning. Hopefully that will solve the problem, hope l can sleep longer tonight.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Bless you my dear, l can get the tablets in liquid form, so tomorrow will go to our surgery to ask for it, you can put it in orange juice which he has every morning. Hopefully that will solve the problem, hope l can sleep longer tonight.

That's great news :) I m hoping for a decent night too but don't think so . I'm getting used to the night shift now ;) and Johns got a terrible cold just made him some lemsips . Hopefully it won't develop into something more nasty. Just trying to get him to lay in bed for a bit xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
I always have Lemsips, they were my mothers remedy, my hubby is asleep, me time now, tomorrow is another day wish for you to have a good night

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone just to let you know hubby has been on new medication for a week now, he has been so much better, no aggression, no anxiety, sits down stopped pacing from room to room, long may it last, he is more confused, that is easy to manage.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello everyone just to let you know hubby has been on new medication for a week now, he has been so much better, no aggression, no anxiety, sits down stopped pacing from room to room, long may it last, he is more confused, that is easy to manage.

How did your game go today? Did you win :) xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Heike yes l did win, hubby watched he is so confused, don't quite know if l can cope, he wet the bed last night, Dr said he probably will, that another upset, he said it wasn't me, l did have a waterproof on top of mattress. I have some pads but he won't let me put one on, just been trying said he won't wear it. Its one thing after another, hope John is improving

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello Heike yes l did win, hubby watched he is so confused, don't quite know if l can cope, he wet the bed last night, Dr said he probably will, that another upset, he said it wasn't me, l did have a waterproof on top of mattress. I have some pads but he won't let me put one on, just been trying said he won't wear it. Its one thing after another, hope John is improving

Morning Pam, so sorry to hear about your dear husband :( it could be a side effect of the medication as it makes him drowsy and he might not be able to react in time. Glad you had a good game and you won yay you :) hopefully you had a peaceful night ?! Much love to you xxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon

Hi pamann

I'm sorry to read about you Husband. Before Pete used pads he wore pull-up type pants. Do you think he would accept those more readily.?

Heike-I hope John is recovering from his cold XX

Love

Lyn T

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Lyn l have a dry bed this morning, hubby got up twice in the night, l have ordered from AgeUK incontinence sheets, they are absorbent, and machine washable, he has been wearing his clothes in bed so that has absorbed alot, just lots more washing!!!
He is having difficulty swallowing this morning, would it be to do with the new medication?

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Good morning chick thank you for your post thick fog here, maybe it will be a sunny day when it clears, dry bed last night, less washing have a good day, hope John is better.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello Lyn l have a dry bed this morning, hubby got up twice in the night, l have ordered from AgeUK incontinence sheets, they are absorbent, and machine washable, he has been wearing his clothes in bed so that has absorbed alot, just lots more washing!!!
He is having difficulty swallowing this morning, would it be to do with the new medication?

Oh dear! One problem may have gone and another appears.:( Not being a medic I wouldn't like to guess about the meds. Could you find time to phone the surgery? It's possible it could be the meds or he could have a cold coming. Pete had what sounded like phlegm in his mouth for a couple of years before he started to have trouble swallowing. Do you think your OH would take some warm water with a little bit of clear honey and lemon in? I found this worked for Pete. Sorry you are having such a tough time.

Love

Lyn T XX

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Lyn he is always trying to clear his throat in the morning, seems to clear as the day goes on, l put it down to phlegm, this is the first time he has had trouble swallowing, l don't think its the meds, as it is not a side effect. Probably progression of the disease, thank you for your advice will phone surgery.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Thank you Lyn he is always trying to clear his throat in the morning, seems to clear as the day goes on, l put it down to phlegm, this is the first time he has had trouble swallowing, l don't think its the meds, as it is not a side effect. Probably progression of the disease, thank you for your advice will phone surgery.

Oh Pam, such a worry for you . Always wondering about new phases or trying to guess what's wrong :( dementia is just so cruel at times! Lyn is right a call to GP is best thing . Thinking of you xxxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
I have been to the bowls club today took hubby with me, he was quite happy to watch, everyone always asks hubby how are you, today he said l have been in hospital, l have been very ill, l go to bed at 7pm, he told me this morning l have been in hospital l am very ill, how strange this illness is, he hasn't been in hospital, may be he had a bad dream. Tomorrow is another day!!!!!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan