new observations in daves condition

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Helena.

I`m really sorry you are so angry with the world, but would you please credit us with just a little common sense, and accept it is the right of the individual to make up their own minds what paths they choose to follow.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
my opinion and no other !!!!

Dear Helena,
I appreciate that you feel very strongly with your views but here on Talking Point we are trying to get through each day best we can. Yes, we ask ourselves WHY and at this present time, we cannot cope with other theories into our loved ones life i.e. my husband - painter/decorater for 29 years . Was it some of the lead paint, asbestos ???? I have used aluminium foil and cooking pans - does that mean I could have given my husband A.D.?
Christine

Helena

May 24, 2006
Christine

Sadly you will find that since Lead was removed from undercoat and gloss paints they have all tended to be heavy with Aluminium salts and various thinners ...........if i dared to try using any of them i am ill for days .........so in all likelihood its a combination of the effect of the paints plus your cookware on a man who was born predisposed to AD

Aluminium also contains lead

You certainly cannot be blamed for causing your husbands illness but you can protect yourself or any children

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Helana
sorry I seem to have caused some confusion over medically qualified.
I should have asked do you hold a medical qualification?
MB,BS or similar?
Norman

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
What is the connection ?

Helena,
I know like many others here on Talking Point under a great deal of stress. Although I am disabled and have 4 children and 6 grandchildren perhaps I at this time very depressed over my husband being in the later stages, I will probably be put on a caution from Brucie but I cannot see how this is of any help to us all who are going through this herrendous illness. I am well away of the lead being removed from paint. On a personal view, perhaps you are linked onto the wrong Talking Point !!!
#Christine

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I will probably be put on a caution from Brucie but I cannot see how this is of any help to us all who are going through this herrendous illness
on the contrary Christine, you make a good point.

This hijacking of a thread into areas of speculation should really be in the Tea Room, and I am considering splitting it off into a separate thread in Tea Room on the general subject of conjecture on causes of dementia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa