Chris61

Oct 27, 2016
West Yorkshire
My husband who is 62 has started with symptoms which may be frontal lobe dementia. I started noticing differences in him about 9 months ago but in the last 7 weeks he has deteriorated and changed dramatically. I seem to be loosing my beloved of 37 years and feel helpless and so lonely. We are still waiting for a final diagnosis but I know that whatever it is he will never be the same again. I'm trying to run our family business and look after him as best I can. No-one seems to understand how hard all of this is for me. Any words of advice would be welcome. Chris

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
My husband who is 62 has started with symptoms which may be frontal lobe dementia. I started noticing differences in him about 9 months ago but in the last 7 weeks he has deteriorated and changed dramatically. I seem to be loosing my beloved of 37 years and feel helpless and so lonely. We are still waiting for a final diagnosis but I know that whatever it is he will never be the same again. I'm trying to run our family business and look after him as best I can. No-one seems to understand how hard all of this is for me. Any words of advice would be welcome. Chris
Hi Chris61, so very sorry to hear of your situation. Mine is different as both my parents have Alzheimers's but you will find lots of support, help and understanding on TP and I'm certain there will be many in a similar position to yourself. Maybe your local Alzheimer's society would be helpful (I found them so), and getting the diagnoses will help too, though the waiting must be terrible. Best wishes. Gx

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi Chris - you'll find lots of people on here who do understand and do care. Do keep on at your medical professionals and do seek advice and help as already suggested.
You are not alone so do keep posting x

ppjm

Oct 11, 2012
York

Hi Chris - my Mum is 66 and was diagnosed with Frontotemporal dementia some years ago. Please feel free to contact me if you need to chat.

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015

Hi I am treading the same path as you my oh who is now 67 has had it for five years but i have never got him to the doctor yet! i am trying to keep the family business going and although he still works within it it is mistake after mistake i hope you get some help from doctors this last year my oh is less aggressive but more needy and reliant on me being with him all the time i cant say it gets easier but it does change keep strong and if you ever want to chat i am here

Hayleymarie

Sep 22, 2016
Hi Chris

Sending you my support, my Mum is 61 and has been diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia, she has been sectioned 4 times this year and it is very sad.

She seems okay at the moment but it is very up and down.

Do you find your husband is up and down too? I think my Mum is okay but then her brain seems to get used to the drugs and she deteriorates again.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Hi Chris

Sending you my support, my Mum is 61 and has been diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia, she has been sectioned 4 times this year and it is very sad.

She seems okay at the moment but it is very up and down.

Do you find your husband is up and down too? I think my Mum is okay but then her brain seems to get used to the drugs and she deteriorates again.

Welcome to TP :)