1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.
  1. JohnS2

JohnS2 Registered User

Sep 14, 2006
    cumbria
    Hi All, I have just joined today and am hesitant as to what to do so bear with me. JohnS2

2. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya John,
    Welcome to TP. Take your time. I was terrified to post when I first joined. Nice to have you along.
    Love Helen

3. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Hi John

Welcome to TP, and glad you found us.

Where to start? Well, how about who is the sufferer (from AD, or other variety of memory problems) & how old are they; is it yourself or, if not, what is the relationship (your Mum/Dad/wife/partner etc.) Do you live with them, or are you some distance from their home - not sure which situation is worse there! There are plus-points & negatives to each.

I'm sure once you get started, it will become easier. Don't be afraid to be frank (John :) ) there is plenty of plain speaking around here.

Best wishes

4. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Hi John
    welcome!!!
    Whatever your situation you'll find plenty of help and support on here:)
    Love x

5. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    Where to start

Hi John
    I know how you feel i have only been on TP 5 MONTHS
    they all know i took 2-3 goes at trying to start talking and opening up still do find it a bit hard But once you say a few things they help you on we are all in the same boat it has helped me a lot and i am sure it will you
    It is easier once you start
    Love Bel x

6. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    #6 Norman, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
    Hi John
    welcome to TP.
    Where to start Just let it all out,tell us your problems,your worries your concerns.
    You will get plenty of answers,we are here to try and help.
    Norman

7. janices666

janices666 Registered User

Jun 23, 2006
    Kent
    Hi John
    Welcome to TP.
    Remember we are all here to help, and if you have any worries we will always be hear for you as we are all in the same position. Hope you post again soon.
    Jan.:)

8. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Warmest welcome John, remember those first feelings. Now wonder how I ever coped without the family that is TP.

We agonise together, laught together, cry together, it's that little word togetherthat helps us through. Post again soon,

9. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hi John

welcome to tp...........take your time.........there's no pressure..........just post when your ready to talk...........you'll find it an enormous help!

Love Alex x

10. noelphobic

noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    Hi Helen

You seem to have faced the fear 1251 times now! :D