New member.

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
I Have joined this week and this is the first day Ihave had time to post. I am caring for my sister who is 74 years old has dementia. She came to live with us in the summer as she was not coping at home on her own, but she still thinks most days that she has only just come and says she wants to go home. it can be very trying especially the same question 30 times in half an hour. She need s help with all personal care and her speech has almost gone but we are able to make out what she wants.. I am still able to go to work but now part-time afternoons only. I had to give up my full time job. I have a lady to sit with her on 2 afternoons , one day my husband is at home, one day at ageconcern day care and one day with my brother so we are quite sorted out. My other sister takes her for a long weekend every 2 or 3 weeks which gives us welcome respite. SS have been very good and provideed us with all necessary aids, in fact the best one is the pressure pad that bleeps when she gets out of bed- that has been a godsend. |Well good luck to everyone else I am going to enjoy my long weekend.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Warm welcome

Dear pammy, very warm welcome to the family. You sound as if, for the moment, you have the situation under control.
Please post us with updates, or requests for help. I am sure you will be able to help some of our fellow T.P.s along the way. All the best, Connie

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Pammy,

Welcome to TP from me too.

It sounds like you have some great support from your family and local SS. So often the caring tends to fall upon the shoulders of one family member only and we all have to sleep sometimes.....

Have a lovely long weekend.

Kind regards,

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Pammy welcome to TP.

You'll find plenty of friends here. Share anything you like and someone will no doubt be in the same boat and can give you a shout with any advice. You sound like you're coping well.