Marilyn

Feb 24, 2005
Gloucestershire
:eek: :eek: Hallo Everyone. Im a new member. Im amazed this forum exists ! Im a full time carer for my Dad with major alzheimers. He is 83 and came to live with me when Mum died 2 years ago, tho it seems like 2 weeks ago. I hope to share experiences, the highs and the lows, the joys and the sorrows. And I look forward to hearing from you all. (As long as the computer works that is !) Im also a technophobe !! xx

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi There!

Dear Marilyn,

Welcome to TP. I'm very glad that you found the forum - how did you do so, out of interest?

Please do feel free to post any time - you'll have tons of support here.....

Very best wishes,

Jude

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi Marilyn,Welcome to T/P, i care for my mum in law who is 91 and as A/D and lives with us as she needs care 24/7. This forum has been my life line since i found it there is always some one to offer the right advice and more than that we have become like a family unit we can moan cry laugh and are accepted for who we are , we can take off our masks and stop being the strong careres even if its only for snatched moments,but we also have moments of mad humour and if you are techno whatever it is you can join Jude she as a habit of blowing anything electrical up!looking forward to sharing and caring with you.storm

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Marilyn, lovely to have you on board. As the others have said, we are one big family on here, hope you will find being one of us a help to you and your Dad. Love She. XX :)

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Hi There

Welcome Marilyn

I am sure you will find support and comfort on this site, looking back I don't know how I managed before I stumbled upon it.

The advice (from experience), and support of people in similar circumstances is remarkable and exceeds anything I have found anywhere else.

Do keep posting.

Cheers Barraf

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Marilyn. Welcome on board. You hit lucky in finding this site. Don't know how I would manage without it. Keep posting, or asking questions, thats what we are all here for.
Connie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnieSmith