Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Hi
I have only just registered but have been following for a while now. I am 66 and my husband is 71. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 18 months ago. Just wanted to say hello for the moment while I get used to how to navigate the forum. God bless everyone.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi and welcome @Quite contrary , look forward to seeing you more soon . So much on here to read and reference and when I sometimes think “I wonder if anyone else has experienced this “ i read a few posts and low and behold they have ! There seems to be nothing that someone hasn’t gone through. Hope you get support and help from here as I have .

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Hello @Quite contrary , and welcome. As you have been following Dementia Talking Point for a whie, you will know that there are many here who understand and who are happy to share experiences and give support wherever they can. Do keep posting, we are here for you.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Hi
I have only just registered but have been following for a while now. I am 66 and my husband is 71. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 18 months ago. Just wanted to say hello for the moment while I get used to how to navigate the forum. God bless everyone.

Welcome to the forum.
Phil

LongDistanceCarer10

Jan 5, 2020
Hi, I'm new too! I'm attorney and NOK for an elderly relative with dementia. I'm not sure this is the right place for me as most people are looking after parents or partners. I know how hard that is as I've already lost my parents. I'm now long distance caring and managing her affairs and finding it hard to get help - it's like a second job that I don't have time for, that no one helps with and, like housework, someone undoes your work as soon as your back is turned! Feeling frustrated with siblings who do nothing :-/

Last edited:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @LongDistanceCarer10

We have people caring for parents, partners, friends and relatives. People who have siblings who do nothing to help (we call them “invisibles”) and people who have dementia themselves. We also have a few long distance carers.
Everyone is welcome to join our group and I hope you find it friendly and welcoming place.

LongDistanceCarer10

Jan 5, 2020
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @LongDistanceCarer10

We have people caring for parents, partners, friends and relatives. People who have siblings who do nothing to help (we call them “invisibles”) and people who have dementia themselves. We also have a few long distance carers.
Everyone is welcome to join our group and I hope you find it friendly and welcoming place.
Thanks - I was starting to think I could guess what Invisibles are (sigh) LM