1. Nivvy

Nivvy Registered User

Jun 16, 2008
    West Yorkshire
    Hi everyone this is my first message.I have joined as my Dad was diagnosed earlier this year with Alzheimers and vascular dementia.

2. Chrissyan

Chrissyan Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    N E England
    [​IMG]

Sorry to hear about your Dad, my Dad was diagnosed with vascular dementia last September. A very short first post if you don't me saying. Any questions fire away or just sound off at the unfairness of it all if you want. There is always someone here to reply.:)

3. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Hi Nivvy

I'm sorry to learn about your Dad's AD/VAD, but glad you have found Talking Point (TP).
    Please feel free to ask any questions, or tell us about any particular difficulties the disease is causing you at the moment.

Perhaps you would like to give us a few brief details about your Dad & yourself; His age for instance, what his job was when he was working, does he live alone or not, and who else is there to help give him whatever support he needs.

There is a wealth of experience here, painfully gained but willingly shared if it helps someone else along the way.

Best wishes

4. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Nivvy,
    Welcome to Talking Point.
    I am sorry to read about your Dad.
    Here on Talking Point, we are all travelling this path together.
    Always feel free to ask questions, rant and rage because we do understand and try to help where we can.
    Best wishes
    Christine

5. andrear

andrear Registered User

Feb 13, 2008
    Yorkshire
    HI Nivvy

Welcome to TP. To get the best out of us (or the worst!!) you need to talk to us and ask us how we can help you out. Also if you want to let off steam thats OK too.
    Love AndreaX