jean@beatyjean.

May 29, 2008
Anglesea in Wales
Hi . I am Jean. I am a carer for my husband who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. He 64 years old and is in the early stages. He is at the moment on 5mgs Aricept and will be moving up to the full dose in a couple of weeks. I am new to this and hope I have posted in the right place.

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi jean

sorry to hear about your husband and yes you have posted in the right place. This is a great site and you will find all the help you need. I am not sure about the drug side of things but iam sure someone on here will be able to advise you on anything you are worried about my mum was diagnosed at the age of 54 you take care now kathyx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Jean, welcome to TP.

I too care for my husband, though he's now at end stage, and in a care home.

It's hard work, but you'll find lots of support here.

Just post any questions you have, or join in any thread, we always appreciate as many opinions as possible.

All the best,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Welcome...

Hello Jean,

Welcome to TP..

I care for my husband who is 71..I retired at the beginning of the year to be with him..

You'll find lots of us here with different stories..different experiences..lifestyles...problems...

Most of all you'll find a network of people who will support you..whatever the problem.

And some light relief too..in the tea-room..:)

Good to have you with us...

Love gigi xx

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Jean

Welcome
My hubby has lewy bodies a type of dementia.
Please post as you want, you will find lot's of help, and many friend's.
Barb & Ron
PS
Remember, we were all new here at some stage:)

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Hello and welcome,
I also care for my husband who is 55. We have 2 young children which does make things a bit difficult but we are muddling by.
Keep posting as there is always support and advise when you need it.
Jackie

Jane.B

Dec 7, 2007
Hampshire
Hello & Welcome,
I too care for my husband whose 80, he's in two weeks respite, so I'm having a lovely rest. I have found a lot of helpful ideas here, so keep coming in.

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
HI There and Welcome

You have come to the right site - you'll find lots of help and support on here from people just like yourself who are caring day in and dad out. And you will get some sound advice into the bargain!! I care for my parents.
Love Andrea

gillianw

May 17, 2008
Hi Jean

Im also a new member and hope im posting things in the right place.

I look after my mum she lives in her own home and I am 5 minuits away from her .

Gillianw

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Welcome Jean I too am in North Wales and you might like to ask your local Alzheimer's Branch about the North Wales Forum for people with dementia.

It is a lovely group for you both to attend if you have transport. We meet every six weeks very informal but lots of support.

You will find a wealth of support and help here on TP so post as often as you need to. My husband had a very positive response to Aricept.

Linda x