1. jean@beatyjean.

jean@beatyjean. Registered User

May 29, 2008
    Anglesea in Wales
    Hi . I am Jean. I am a carer for my husband who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. He 64 years old and is in the early stages. He is at the moment on 5mgs Aricept and will be moving up to the full dose in a couple of weeks. I am new to this and hope I have posted in the right place.

2. nicetotalk

nicetotalk Registered User

Sep 22, 2006
    stretford
    Hi jean

sorry to hear about your husband and yes you have posted in the right place. This is a great site and you will find all the help you need. I am not sure about the drug side of things but iam sure someone on here will be able to advise you on anything you are worried about my mum was diagnosed at the age of 54 you take care now kathyx

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Hi Jean, welcome to TP.

I too care for my husband, though he's now at end stage, and in a care home.

It's hard work, but you'll find lots of support here.

Just post any questions you have, or join in any thread, we always appreciate as many opinions as possible.

All the best,

4. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Welcome...

Hello Jean,

Welcome to TP..

I care for my husband who is 71..I retired at the beginning of the year to be with him..

You'll find lots of us here with different stories..different experiences..lifestyles...problems...

Most of all you'll find a network of people who will support you..whatever the problem.

And some light relief too..in the tea-room..:)

Good to have you with us...

Love gigi xx

5. lesmisralbles

lesmisralbles Account Closed

Nov 23, 2007
    Hello Jean

Welcome
    My hubby has lewy bodies a type of dementia.
    Please post as you want, you will find lot's of help, and many friend's.
    Barb & Ron
    PS
    Remember, we were all new here at some stage:)

6. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    Hello and welcome,
    I also care for my husband who is 55. We have 2 young children which does make things a bit difficult but we are muddling by.
    Keep posting as there is always support and advise when you need it.
    Jackie

7. Jane.B

Jane.B Registered User

Dec 7, 2007
    Hampshire
    Hello & Welcome,
    I too care for my husband whose 80, he's in two weeks respite, so I'm having a lovely rest. I have found a lot of helpful ideas here, so keep coming in.

8. andrear

andrear Registered User

Feb 13, 2008
    Yorkshire
    HI There and Welcome

You have come to the right site - you'll find lots of help and support on here from people just like yourself who are caring day in and dad out. And you will get some sound advice into the bargain!! I care for my parents.
    Love Andrea

9. gillianw

gillianw Registered User

May 17, 2008
    Hi Jean

Im also a new member and hope im posting things in the right place.

I look after my mum she lives in her own home and I am 5 minuits away from her .

Gillianw

10. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Hello:
    Just to say welcome to TP. You will find lots of useful information and support here.

Best wishes Jan

11. jean@beatyjean.

jean@beatyjean. Registered User

May 29, 2008
    Anglesea in Wales
    Hi everybody. Thank you so much for your welcome. I am sure that as time goes on I will have lots of things to ask and talk about. Best wishes, jean.

12. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    Welcome Jean I too am in North Wales and you might like to ask your local Alzheimer's Branch about the North Wales Forum for people with dementia.

It is a lovely group for you both to attend if you have transport. We meet every six weeks very informal but lots of support.

You will find a wealth of support and help here on TP so post as often as you need to. My husband had a very positive response to Aricept.

Linda x