New Member asking questions

CHRISK

Oct 7, 2015
Hello I am a bedwatch protection officer based in SE London and I have joined so that I can get info to help me do my job better and learn from others.i started doing my job part time but I enjoy it so much I have gone full time.I will also answer any questions you have about my role as I do one 2 one 12 hr shifts days or nights
Many Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello I am a bedwatch protection officer based in SE London and I have joined so that I can get info to help me do my job better and learn from others.i started doing my job part time but I enjoy it so much I have gone full time.I will also answer any questions you have about my role as I do one 2 one 12 hr shifts days or nights
Many Thanks
:)

Hi Chris

Welcome to TP. I've never heard of a bedwatch protection officer. What do you actually do?

Last edited by a moderator:

CHRISK

Oct 7, 2015
Bedwatch protection

My main job is to assist nursing staff in hospitals with patients aged anywhere between 13-103 and basically this is for the patient,staff and vistors security and to prevent falls and basically to be there if needed to help the patient.I particularly enjoy working with the elderly and think the stories and memories are fantastic as most of my family are now an their older years.I think it is quite a new concept and gives round the clock vigilance and piece of mind to nursing staff and relatives and ensures that the patient has someone on hand when required.We do not do any care health wise as we are not trained as such and that is down to nursing staff.
Hope this helps

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
OH had a bed watch person a couple of nights when in hospital but I think they call them something different here in Australia. OH was past the point of requiring constant nursing care but was very frail following a cardiac arrest. He didn't understand that he was not to get out of bed and I think this was a cheaper but effective solution in meeting his needs. It freed up the nurses allowing them to get on with their nursing duties.