NEW: Innovation Hub - can you help?

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Our Research team has recently launched the Innovation Hub, a place which brings together people affected by dementia and innovators. They want to find out the challenges that people are facing, and will be asking people to vote on what they feel are the biggest challenges. The next step is for the team to take on a challenge, and work towards solutions.

Simon Lord, who is the Innovation Programme Manager, has explained below how you can help.

Thanks everyone :)

No-one knows the challenges that dementia brings better than the people and families living with it. Our Innovation team creates new products and services to tackle the challenges that dementia brings, but we need you to tell us what is most important.

Please join our Innovation Hub to tell us the challenges you are facing, either as a carer or someone living with dementia. Our team will look for the challenge where we can make the biggest difference and start working on it in November.

Don’t have a challenge for us to work on right now? Join the hub and vote on the big issues, ask questions and comment. The more people with an experience of dementia we hear from, the better.

We’re passionate about creating bold and innovative solutions to tackle challenges together with people affected by dementia. The Innovation Hub is our newest way of opening up our innovation work and hearing the views of people with experience of dementia. Please get involved!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Would love to submit a challenge, however come to a stop at:
2019-10-10_171001.png
I am unable sign in with Crowdicity, Social media, or AS email and clicking on 'register' invites me to register with Crowdicity which I will not do.
So no suggestion to Simon.

Why not use the DTP authentication pair?

Last edited:

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks for letting us know @nitram, and sorry to hear you've been having trouble registering. I'll feed this back to the team and see if they're able to help.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi again @nitram, the Innovation team are really keen to help you share your idea on the hub. They've asked if you can email them at innovation@alzheimers.org.uk explaining how you've tried to register so far, and they should be able to help from there. I hope that's ok!

They also mentioned that they may be able to post your idea on your behalf, if you don't want to set up a Crowdcity account or you're unable to sign in with social media.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@HarrietD

Sorry if I was not clear on why I could not sign in, it was not because of a difficulty with the software, it was because I have not subscribed to any social media, nor do I have a Crowdicity a/c or an AS email.
When I tried to register I was required to open a Crowdicity a/c which I am not prepared to do.

This morning I have browsed through the hub and decided that the format with 'like' buttons/point scoring etc is not one I am prepared to join.

DTP members are by definition people whose lives have been/are being impacted by dementia why not, as I inferred, make it easier for them to register for the hub?
Something like
2019-10-10_171001.png

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @HarrietD

I've just had a look and a read round the suggestions already there, which is relatively ok to do

but I'm with nitram, I don't know what crowdicity is, and whatever it is I don't want to join something else that I will not really use, and I don't use social media …..

I guess linking DTP and this Hub is problematic ie would require sharing of data?

sorry to seem negative

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I guess linking DTP and this Hub is problematic ie would require sharing of data?

For registered members the only data DTP has is username, email and an age indicator of over 18 or not - members who joined some time ago may also have registered birthdate.
Zero data would be the problem

Last edited:

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks @nitram and @Shedrech. Those three options are currently the only ways to sign in I'm afraid, but I've spoken to the Innovation team who have said they'll explore the possibility of adding a DTP login. They're happy to post something on behalf of members (and it's completely your choice whether or not it's attributed to you). They can also vote on your behalf if you'd like.

With the Crowdcity account, the team said that the only thing you'd have to share is your email address and country. If you're still not sure or have any questions around this, I'm happy to go back and ask.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
As we all know, the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has affected everyone's lives in ways we never expected. This is a particularly challenging time for all the members who use this community.

We've had the below message from Alzheimer's Society's Innovation team...

You can log on to the Innovation Hub and tell us the challenges that people affected by dementia are facing right now.

Comment on other people's suggestions and vote on which ones are most important to you. The Innovation team will then find the best ways to address them.

Let's take on COVID-19 together.

NB: The Innovation team won't directly be responding to the challenges people post. It's a place where you can help shape their work by telling them what's important.

If anyone has trouble logging on, please let us know. Thanks everyone :)

Last edited: