New home manager

SKD

On my visit to see my Mum on Friday I found out that the home has a new manager. Apparently they have been in post for about six weeks but there had been no communication about it that I had received and in none of my phone conversations with staff was it mentioned. Obviously the reason for a change could be very straightforward, and I have no reason to doubt that, but the lack of communication has made me rather concerned. I would like to have a chat with the new manager at some point. But was wondering if it was normal for these changes to happen with no communication with those who are paying! I suspect it may be but wanted to check before I make too many inquiries. I was rather sorry I hadn't had a chance to talk to the previous manager before their departure.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I received a letter when a new manager was appointed at mum's home but they'd previously been in post as a temporary manager so it wasn't a 'proper' change as such and the letter arrived some time after the post had been made permanent. I've found that the covid situation since lockdown has had a big impact on communication from the home as everyone from the care staff to management have always been so busy. I personally wouldn't be too concerned about not being informed immediately about a change of manager but maybe dropping a line to the new manager to say that you'd like a chat at some point will help you to find out more about their appointment.