new display - no good

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi, Help please!
Haven't been on much for a few days, so could anyone tell me if it's my laptop settings, or, do I have to have the list of post headings which show at the start of a thread instead of page numbers?? I can't cope with that, please let me know how to get back to the old type of display.
Thanks, Necion. xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Nothing has changed on the forum recently.

I'm not sure what you are describing. Is there anyway for you to take a screenshot of what you are seeing and then posting it?

Logan

Nov 1, 2010
I hope that you get this sorted out, necion. I am relatively new to all of that technology, but learning fast, but sorry unable to help you. Lx

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Thanks Logan, I've googled it....it's not as simple as a 1-answer question. I'm on vista, but not sure this laptop has all it should have....a bit like myself tonight I feel!:rolleyes:
Take care, Love, Necion. xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 464

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Oh Dear...Jennifer, that's not good for my ego.....:D:D
Must confess to being thick as 2 short planks when it comes to computers, and that's just Windows.

Have checked into the link you posted, and it seems, from the discussion that vista dosen't always have the snipping tool on.
I'll keep looking, or get someone to have a look for me.
(If you fancy popping over for a coffee to help me out....the kettle is always on the boil here!)

Many thanks for your help Jennifer, much appreciated.
Take care, Love, Necion. xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ok - let's approach it from another way. What is different about your display from the one I posted? I'm thinking that this is more likely to be a forum setting rather than a laptop setting.

My primary thought - perhaps you have accidentally turned on Threaded Mode (from Display Modes).

Does it look like this

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 467

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
P.S. If it does look like the above, then you need to go to "Display Modes" (in the green bar) and change it from "Threaded Mode" to "Linear Mode".

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
THANK YOU JENNIFER!!

Yes, that was the problem...somehow I had managed to change to 'hybrid mode'......like I know what that's about!:eek:

Have now changed it back to linear mode, and we're all back to normal.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could click a button and put right dementia!

Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for your time & advice. If this had been a permanent feature, I think my days on TP would have been numbered, just too confusing, and my poor old mind dosen't have space for any more confusion at the moment.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 392

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh good - I'm glad you got it sorted. I have no idea why those options exist. They are very confusing layout options. I think "threaded" was the most common when online bulletin boards started so maybe it's historical?

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
THANK YOU JENNIFER!!

Yes, that was the problem...somehow I had managed to change to 'hybrid mode'......like I know what that's about!:eek:

Have now changed it back to linear mode, and we're all back to normal.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could click a button and put right dementia!

Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for your time & advice. If this had been a permanent feature, I think my days on TP would have been numbered, just too confusing, and my poor old mind dosen't have space for any more confusion at the moment.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

Glad Jennier helped you sort it out, Necion. Certainly don't want your days on TP numbered! :eek: :)

Love frae Loo xx

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
AAAAAwwwwww, ta afa muckle Loo,:D, I'm glad too. I think we all know that feeling of just one straw too many for the camel's back.....pardon the expression....and this would have been it.
Thanks to Jennifer I hope to be around for some time to come, a bit like a bad penny....I'll always turn up somewhere.:D:D

Lots of love, Necion. xx

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Would have hated to have lost you Necion.

Sadly Jennifer and i are on Macs and we dont always word or say things in the same way as windows users, thats why Jen was talking about 'screenshots'!!!:D

Shout out if you need help again as i am sure you will have helped others as well.

x

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Thank you too Imac, there's always a simple solution if I ask the right people. I'm not a technical person at all, so have to depend on all you 'intullactuels' out there to help me along in something like this. :eek::D;)
I like things to be as straightforward as possible, otherwise it becomes chore, but all sorted now.

Haven't been replying much to threads recently, but concentrating on our own situation just now, I think may be paying off. Hope to be able to update positively soon.

Sending love & best wishes to you Imac, and all our dear friends on TP....allbeit I'm behind the scenes at the moment.

Thank you all, Lots of love, Necion. xx

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
By the way, the flowers I sent Jennifer are ones I was given by my elder daughter last year. They were so lovely, I decided to share them, hope you like them too.
(Notice I still haven't got around to wallpaper yet....but it IS still safe in the cupboard!!:eek:

Lots of love, Necion. xx