My father has had progressive memory problems for the last 8years. He now is very repetative when holding a conversastion, and lacks consentration when driving or doing any task. after much persuasion my Mum took him to the GP, who refered him to a geriatric specialist, who did a CT scan of the brain. Last week my mum was told by the specialist that the scan showed some brain shrinkage and has prescibed him Aricept ( I think thats what its called) which i looked up and found this is for Alzheimer's Disease. The GP has still not had the letter through from the consultant, but has told my Mum he should probabley give up driving, and that we have to inform the DVLA and the insurance. My Mum doesn't know if she should wait the the GP and letter, or will the insurance be invalid fom now? the main problem has arisen from a poor interview with the conultant, who left them with a vauge diagnosis and no information. Has anyone come across this before? and has anyone got any ideas about when we should inform the insurance and DVLA. We feel a bit at sea at the moment.