new diagnosis

jane0600

Oct 3, 2013
hi after 8 years husband has been given a new diagnosis ....just wondering if anyone has any information. it is phenocopy type behavioural dementia . thanks

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
hi after 8 years husband has been given a new diagnosis ....just wondering if anyone has any information. it is phenocopy type behavioural dementia . thanks
Ah, was his previous diagnosis FTD and has it been changed to this due to his scans?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
OH got given a diagnosis of FTD and then when nothing showed on any scan the diagnosis got taken away.
I feel your pain.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
interesting how is your oh now?
Slowly deteriorating. He has lost almost all speech now.
We have been through the angry rage stage and the hypersexual/inappropriate stage - it is (mostly) gone now, but it has left a sort of emptiness and he spends most of his time sat on the sofa scrolling through his ipad. He can do very little for himself now - he can usually make a cup of coffee and a sandwich, but nothing else. He has carers coming in to help him wash and dress and I do everything else.
Nevertheless, he can still ace the memory tests..........

jane0600

Oct 3, 2013
Slowly deteriorating. He has lost almost all speech now.
We have been through the angry rage stage and the hypersexual/inappropriate stage - it is (mostly) gone now, but it has left a sort of emptiness and he spends most of his time sat on the sofa scrolling through his ipad. He can do very little for himself now - he can usually make a cup of coffee and a sandwich, but nothing else. He has carers coming in to help him wash and dress and I do everything else.
Nevertheless, he can still ace the memory tests..........
what do you feel it is , itif it isn'ta form of dementia ?