New carers' guide

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Previously, our Publishing team asked you what information you’d want to see covered in a guide for people caring for someone with dementia. They looked at everything you said, along with the views of lots of other carers, and used it to produce their brand new guide for carers, which is now available >here<

This guide replaces the previous handbook for carers, and is available free of charge. Based on what you and other carers told the team, they've expanded the range of information in this guide.

You can also read their new blog about the guide.

Thank you so much for your valuable input with this. Please feel free to order the guide and let others know about it too :)

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Harriet Ive only glanced at what you've put into the guide but that seems exactly what is needed. Sometimes I feel like a stuck record reciting all the things I think are important but now when I'm talking to people I'll refer them to your guide.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks so much on behalf of the Publishing team, @marionq :) I'm really glad to hear that it's exactly what is needed, and that it covers the important things. I'll pass this onto the team.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thanks Harriet. I've a a quick first read through it. It looks extremely helpful and well put together.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
This guide is really good. Just what those new to dementia need - good, clear advice covering a wide range of topics with links to supporting fact sheets. Perhaps a link to the guide could be posted as a 'sticky' in the 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' forum so that it is in a prominent place for new members?

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
@Izzy thank you for sharing :)

@Louise7 thanks for your positive feedback - the Publishing team will be delighted to hear it! The reason why we haven't posted it as a sticky in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' is because the guide has been specifically designed for carers. As TP is for everyone affected by dementia and the announcement could potentially get lost in the 'welcome' forum, we wanted it to be in a place that's easy for carers to find.

Fotoman

Apr 26, 2022
I've had a brief look at this and it looks brilliant. I shall be scouring its pages for the help I'm looking for at present which is a difference of opinion in Best Interst withy social services.
Thank you.

givebracku

Dec 21, 2022
thank you a lot for this thread and your precious shares of useful information!
it will help me a lot

bellasm

Mar 14, 2023
My fiance had a grandmother with dementia. During our wedding, his sister was always by her side. She never left her side. And everything went well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976