New " Building Bridges" Page to support all carers and beyond

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Good morning all, well, the day has arrived for the launch of the new facebook Page of "Building Bridges" This will be a page like no other !! This is a page that will bring both Nurses and Care staff together, to swap ideas, to share new ideas and more importantly help each other, help those in their care. This is not just a page for carers or nurses, but for both so we can all improve the quality of life for others, so come on Guys, dont be shy, ask questions, have debates..., but please dont fall out, we want to change the face of Dementia and also looking after people with more understanding and working together. If your local NHS has a facebook page, then invite them, if your local hospital or care home, care buisness has a facebook page them invite them to Building Bridges, and lets improve the lifes of those who really need it, and not forgetting a Million thank you`s to Lynnette Richards for Designing the Brilliant logo !!! best wishes,
Norrms and family xxxxx
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Building-Bridges/468802403169238

Attachments

• final final final image.jpg
    final final final image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 675

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Ok if its open debate we know there’s a lot of stigma with dementia, I been a member of T.P since March 2005 diagnosed with dementia 1999 and then fronto-temporal-dementia in 2003 both my parents had dementia both at different stages so been part of our family life for years both lived in their own home until a few days before their death when they went to hospital for other medical reasons unrelated to dementia,
I accept a lot of elderly disabled people need care and support with dementia, a few years ago we only saw dementia in older people, however today we see it in younger people the
English dictionary definition of Dementia a state of serious mental deterioration unfortunately with so much TV and media coverage showing people who are institutionalized , the stigma then bring further problems for the person with slight memory problems or mild Alzheimer’s the condition / illness is on their medical records or CV. that can cause the persons life is turned upside down just because of a word (dementia), it causes stress anxiety of having to now fight tooth and nail to prove employers your still capable to work and to the various organizations that YES I have do dementia But I’m quite normal it hasn’t change my ability to live a normal life, not easy believe me in fact it’s a night mare, basically we should try to use the Building Bridges in supporting those dementia in continuing to work continuing to be active remember a person diagnosed aged 50 could live another 45 or 50 years

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hi

Hiya Tony, long time no speak so to say !! so good to hear from you, please use Biulding Bridges as you like my friend, as long as it improves peoples lives, in what ever way, then its all good my friend, best wishes, Norrms and family

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Norrm’s thanks for reply as you say long time since we last talked obviously I did at one time email you but couldn’t when had a new email address , I had the same with KenC I think he changed his however I still email Barry 4 or 5 times a week my email address hasn’t change by the way

I agree that so long as Building Bridges helps because we both know living with dementia isn’t easy I have seen and read what happening in your area so congratulation to you on the work your doing

Cheers Tony

PeggySmith

Apr 16, 2012
BANES
Hi Normms,

I thought that article was inspirational but the bit about music did make me chuckle. A few days ago I was clearing out the cupboard by MIL's front door and came across her record collection. We spent the whole afternoon listening to Val Doonican albums - she loved it:) I didn't:eek:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Norms , Just had a look on Face Book & well done on starting it ! ...... Think its FAB :) ..... Oh & more FAB news York is going to become a Dementia friendly :) City but not sure when ?

Love Grove x x

P S ......... Use Face Book my self & was not able to find the Buiding Bridges Page using the "Search " Opition .....& want the new Dementia Support Group to see it ! ( Can not "SHARE " as not Face Book friends with the Dementia S Group ..... who have their own F B Page ! ) ...... Guess B Bridges will be available on the Search F Book Page very soon ? ...... Thanks for your help & well done on the good work ! x

Last edited: