new bo on the block

mad&sad

Aug 21, 2007
Thanet,E.Kent
Hi everyone.l'm a carer(son) for my mother.and live in Thanet,Kent(UK).l was hoping to meet up socially with similar carers in my local area.or just chat on-line.Is that possible?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi and welcome to TP.

You might want to call the Alzheimer's Society to find your local branch. Talking Point works well as an on-line support forum, but it's not set up to provide the sort of face-to-face contact you may be looking for, and there are no online chat facilities. Which is not to say that if you have a question or a comment there won't be many responses: it's just not real time.

Best wishes

Jennifer

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Welcome .

Best place to start with is contacting your local social service department who can tell you what carer group are in your area .

also your local princess royal carers group http://www.carers.org/ .
Chat room
Come and meet other carers in our chat room, usually busy from 7.30pm every evening

Go to the chat now
that on they main page

also your loacl AZ group , they have a carer group

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome from me too.

The nearest branch of the Alzheimers Society to Thanet, is in Canterbury.

Telephone 01227 730000

Another contact which might be of help is

Tessa Reid , AS local Support Group Facilitator 01843 591 608

I hope you find what you want.

But please stay with this Forum for a while, I`m sure you`ll find a lot of support from many people in your situation.

Take care xx

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi mad&sad

welcome to TP....you'll get a lot of support on here....plenty of advice with a few laughs along the way......I have found it a real lifeline....especially when mum was alive.