New beginnings.....

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Hello everyone,

It's 6 months today since Mum left us. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I miss her every single day, what I would give to have her back even for just a day so we could have another cuddle...........

Tomorrow see's the start of a new beginning for me. It's been 13 months that I haven't worked for ( I gave my job up to care for Mum 24/7 ) and I am mega excited ! I am also very nervous ! Wish me luck ( please ! )

Vicky x

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Thank you Izzy, i'm going to need it ! It's going to be so strange getting back into a routine again ( one that is very much needed, but strange all the same )
xx

elizabet

Mar 26, 2013
Southampton
Wishing you good luck on this exciting new beginning of your life.
Having lost my Mum just over a year ago I allow myself to have "mum moments" when something I see or hear reminds me of her, maybe shed a tear or two - but my life has to go on and yes, I will never stop missing her but have to embrace all the opportunities we have for our futures.

barny

Jan 20, 2006
Herts
6 months for me too, and passed so quickly. Like you still miss mum so much with good days and bad ones. Good luck ith your job, mine has helped me enormously. My colleagues have been so supportive and understanding. Chin,chin.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
The best of luck in your new job, Vicky! How lovely that you are excited about it :). It's natural to miss your mum and also natural to be excited and nervous about this new start. Hope all is going well today!

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
First day of induction with the NHSBDT

Thank you so much everyone for all your good wishes, you're all very thoughtful :D

Well, that's the first day of induction out of the way ( all the usual mandatory training, fire safety, manual handling etc etc etc ), tomorrow i'm out with the team in Stratford-upon -Avon so it'll be good to see how things work. Friday - i'm back at the base for the last bit of training and tests ! Then I guess i'll be let loose and be able to fulfil my role of Blood Donation Support Assistant :D

Thanks again guys for your kind words
xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbie1968