1. VickyG

VickyG Registered User

Feb 6, 2013
    Birmingham
    Hello everyone,

It's 6 months today since Mum left us. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I miss her every single day, what I would give to have her back even for just a day so we could have another cuddle...........

Tomorrow see's the start of a new beginning for me. It's been 13 months that I haven't worked for ( I gave my job up to care for Mum 24/7 ) and I am mega excited ! I am also very nervous ! Wish me luck ( please ! )

Vicky x

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Wishing you masses of luck Vicky! x

3. VickyG

VickyG Registered User

Feb 6, 2013
    Birmingham
    Thank you Izzy, i'm going to need it ! It's going to be so strange getting back into a routine again ( one that is very much needed, but strange all the same )
    xx

4. elizabet

elizabet Registered User

Mar 26, 2013
    Southampton
    Wishing you good luck on this exciting new beginning of your life.
    Having lost my Mum just over a year ago I allow myself to have "mum moments" when something I see or hear reminds me of her, maybe shed a tear or two - but my life has to go on and yes, I will never stop missing her but have to embrace all the opportunities we have for our futures.

5. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    all best wishes for your new job. :)

6. Dragonfly10

Dragonfly10 Registered User

Jan 27, 2015
    Good Luck and Best Wishes Vicky .

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Masses of good luck to you Vicky.

8. barny

barny Registered User

Jan 20, 2006
    Herts
    6 months for me too, and passed so quickly. Like you still miss mum so much with good days and bad ones. Good luck ith your job, mine has helped me enormously. My colleagues have been so supportive and understanding. Chin,chin.

9. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    The very best of luck Vicky. It's good to read that you are thinking a little bit about yourself.

Love

Lyn T XX

10. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    Good luck with your new start xx

Ange

11. dotty12

dotty12 Registered User

Jan 23, 2013
    The best of luck x

12. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    The best of luck in your new job, Vicky! How lovely that you are excited about it :). It's natural to miss your mum and also natural to be excited and nervous about this new start. Hope all is going well today!

13. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

Lots of luck Vicky, I hope that all is going well for you and you enjoy your new job xx

14. VickyG

VickyG Registered User

Feb 6, 2013
    Birmingham
    First day of induction with the NHSBDT

Thank you so much everyone for all your good wishes, you're all very thoughtful :D

Well, that's the first day of induction out of the way ( all the usual mandatory training, fire safety, manual handling etc etc etc ), tomorrow i'm out with the team in Stratford-upon -Avon so it'll be good to see how things work. Friday - i'm back at the base for the last bit of training and tests ! Then I guess i'll be let loose and be able to fulfil my role of Blood Donation Support Assistant :D

Thanks again guys for your kind words
    xx