New and worried

LindaD

Nov 17, 2004
Suffolk
Me too

Good luck Elsa.

Without going into details I can relate to a lot of what you are experiencing with your Mum. I suspected with my Mum that she was frightening herself too on occasion but she would never actually accept that she had anything wrong with her memory. It took us a long time to acknowledge it ourselves as well. Dependent on her mood she could present very well but you need to experience it over a period of time to see the whole picture.

Lots of love

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Ellie

Welcome. Mel mentions Ad sufferers as behaving like children at times. Over the past six years I have come to the conclusion that AD is childhood in reverse. Whereas children learn social behaviour AD sufferers unlearn that behaviour and once I adjusted my way of dealing with Mary's behaviour based on that observation things were easier to handle. Not easy just easier.

I find that often I can change the mood by childish responses ( or as an American friend of mine says "being goofy") followed by a big hug. Don't expect thanks, it is not a childs way, all you can do is try to make things easier for yourself.

Thinking of you

Hugs

Dick