Never know how tomorrow will be

Martin099

Nov 13, 2012
Dorset
Just got back from seeing mum (71 with mixed dementia) this evening at the CH. The last two weeks visits have been very relaxed with mum cheerful and going along very well. Tonight was a dramatic turn around - agitated, confused, didn't really know who I was and telling me that "I didn't care about her and that I should just go home".
I always tell myself when driving home after the goods days that I shouldn't get too complacent because things can turn quickly and lets face it this disease is all about inconsistency! - even so it still takes me by surprise and it really is so demoralising.

Anyway, whether things are good or bad we tell our loved ones as we leave "that we love them very much and that we will be back the next day" - that's all we can do until the next time, and then the next day we arrive in the car-park with a nervous sick feeling in our stomachs and we hope & prey that they are happy.

"I love you very much mum - see you tomorrow x"

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Oh that's sad. May be a UTI though. Lets hope so if you know what I mean. I would be devastated if my mum did this.