Nelson eddy singing when I'm to old to dream.

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by sarafina, Feb 23, 2015.

1. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
    Thank you:)

My two eldest children sang this over 30 years ago when their school did a music hall show, I love it,

2. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    That was lovely :)

3. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Why does it make me cry?!
    I am old enough to remember Nelson Eddy singing this originally but had forgotten about him and the song.
    How wonderful is You tube that all these old songs are there, at the touch of a button!
    I noticed a number of others of his there too so I'll return to it later to have a wallow!
    Thank you.
    (Do you have shares in a tissue company?! :eek:)

4. jimbo 111

jimbo 111 Registered User

Jan 23, 2009
    North Bucks
    Thank you
    Such wonderful memories
    So many of his songs on the list
    Because of my hearing problems most music now is a jarring discordant screech ,but if it is a song I know my brain seems to ' take over ' and I can enjoy it
    This one 'Just a Song at Twilight' was a firm favourite of my mum's
    I can just picture her now, sitting in the armchair with her knees drawn up , contently puffing away on her cigarette ( If dad wasn't around )repeatedly humming to this song and others of Nelson Eddy's

Mum was a very short 'rotund' lady , thick spectacles ,short bobbed hair , and always seemed to wear one of those wrap around aprons ( born 1899 died aged 60)such a short life , buts such wonderful memories
    Amazing what music can do isn't it
    Thank you
    jimbo

ps but for some reason she could not stand Jeannette Macdonald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8rm2O4mCBAA#t=30