Neglect by care providers

roxy12

May 12, 2011
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Has anyone else had to constantly battle with council care providers for basic care. I am at my wits end. I have looked after both my parents in law who both have Alzheimers and my father in law also has Fronteral Lobe Dementia. My mother in law is now in a nursing home as she has end stage Renal Cancer as well as her Alzheimers. My problem is that Dad will only let a few more mature carers shower and wash him. I have had numerous conversations with the care provider regarding this but still they send twenty somethings to him in the mornings saying they don't have enough older carers. I don't understand why this is my problem. I have contacted social services and heard nothing. I am seriously thinking of putting Dad in a residential home simply because he is not being kept clean. What do I do now HELP:confused::confused:

rhapsody

Aug 14, 2012
Firle near Lewes
It is so important that your fathers wishes are respected. Why not try a different agency or be firm with the agency you are with. I have worked in the care industry for a number of years and feel that so many agencies do not actually 'listen' . Maybe your father would be willing to have someone younger if they were to become his 'main' carer. It takes time for a 'trust' to be built up,especially where personal care is concerned. You have another option of advertising for a private carer which could be cheaper in the long run. It is important to follow up references though if you do go down this route. I wish you luck and hope this helps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson