Neglect by care providers

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by roxy12, Mar 2, 2015.

1. roxy12

roxy12 Registered User

May 12, 2011
    Rhondda Cynon Taff
    Has anyone else had to constantly battle with council care providers for basic care. I am at my wits end. I have looked after both my parents in law who both have Alzheimers and my father in law also has Fronteral Lobe Dementia. My mother in law is now in a nursing home as she has end stage Renal Cancer as well as her Alzheimers. My problem is that Dad will only let a few more mature carers shower and wash him. I have had numerous conversations with the care provider regarding this but still they send twenty somethings to him in the mornings saying they don't have enough older carers. I don't understand why this is my problem. I have contacted social services and heard nothing. I am seriously thinking of putting Dad in a residential home simply because he is not being kept clean. What do I do now HELP:confused::confused:

2. rhapsody

rhapsody Registered User

Aug 14, 2012
    Firle near Lewes
    It is so important that your fathers wishes are respected. Why not try a different agency or be firm with the agency you are with. I have worked in the care industry for a number of years and feel that so many agencies do not actually 'listen' . Maybe your father would be willing to have someone younger if they were to become his 'main' carer. It takes time for a 'trust' to be built up,especially where personal care is concerned. You have another option of advertising for a private carer which could be cheaper in the long run. It is important to follow up references though if you do go down this route. I wish you luck and hope this helps.