needs not being met

timthumb

Dec 6, 2009
west sussex
dad granted chc about 2 months ago highlighted on the dst was a section any special equipment needed
box ticked yes

if so what
1 profiling matteres
2 reclining chair

i have paid for our own ot, salt, and physio reports who have recommended the same

despite multiple emails to the chc team/ they are refusing to supply a chair

on the grounds that it would only enhance his life and he can live bed bound without it

where next i ask myself in a reasonable time scale
i have contacted my mp and he has written a letter but it all takes so long

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Timethumb, I agree with Sylvia, if that is the wording I would make a formal complaint. Have you spoken to the nursing home about this to get their reaction?

Do let us know how you get on.

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
Hi
There is little you can do apart from supplying your own, maybe getting a second hand one like we did for my Mum. The NHS system is so inefficient and bureaucratic that they inertia paralyses just about everything. I have lost confidence in the whole system. :(

timthumb

Dec 6, 2009
west sussex
CHC has reviewed the private OT, physio and SALT reports that state that this equipment is recommended as enhancing the quality of your father's life. Our view is that there is no compelling evidence to suggest that this is necessary for example; to ensure that he is fed, does not choke or prevents pressure sores and therefore Continuing Healthcare view remains that this piece of equipment should not be funded by NHS Continuing Healthcare.

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Disgusting!!!!

Disgusting in the EXTREME!!!!

If you had the bailiffs in they would leave you a bed AND a chair!!!!!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
CHC has reviewed the private OT, physio and SALT reports that state that this equipment is recommended as enhancing the quality of your father's life. Our view is that there is no compelling evidence to suggest that this is necessary for example; to ensure that he is fed, does not choke or prevents pressure sores and therefore Continuing Healthcare view remains that this piece of equipment should not be funded by NHS Continuing Healthcare.

OMG I find that unbelievable not to say offensive and totally wrong.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi
Im appalled too. I find that letter offensive.
Take this letter to the papers .

Having to spend life bedbound even with special pressure relief mattresses increases the risk of bedsores . I can offer you no proof you can use in your fight . only my experience with mum

When mum could sit and was happy in a chair though mum could not move to change her position well other than her arms n legs , we hardly had any of the telltail signs of presuure sores (slight pink areas that dont fade when you press them)

When mum became bed bound because she hated sitting in chairs , though I was dilligent , massage, creaming and turning ,The first signs of them were far more frequent even after we got a higher grade air pressure relief mattress .

I wish you success in your fight