Need urgent advice plz

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My OH just got aggressive for the first time . He got very angry ( don't know why) and has thrown the remote with such a force it shattered and damaged the wardrobe! He now has left the house in this state and I could not stop him. I put shoes on to look for him but can't find him??? Do I call the police, wait, I don't know what to do ???

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Chick - I would contact the police to let them know he is vulnerable. Can you get your son or someone to come with you to look for him? Please make sure you don't put yourself in a hazardous situation. Big hugs xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Yes Heike-phone the police. Give them a description of what he is wearing if possible. Get a neighbour or friend to be at your home in case he returns.

XXX

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Stop to think briefly about what your main worries are (what your OH may do while he's out? What will he do to you when he gets back? Whether he'll get back safely? Whether this aggression is escalating and becoming unmanageable?). Then ring the local police, explaining the situation and asking for advice.

I'd try the police first because they're more likely than Social Services Duty Officers to provide immediate help and reassurance. The police may have dementia trained officers to assist you.

I'm sure this was a very frightening episode. You yourself will probably be unable to decide at this stage how significant the episode is. Good luck, hope you make the call and hope you soon feel more in control of events.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
He took the car!!! Worried sick , police called and was told to stay at home just incase he comes home

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Chick, stay calm love.

When they bring him home he may be anxious and frightened -- or he may not.

But he needs you to be his anchor, his Heike, so give him a nice smile and say hello as if everything was normal.

Holding you tight. xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Police brought him back , he went to sons work and started on him. Can't get hold of son and worried he never speak to me again . Thank you all for your kind words . Mental health are coming out

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Thank goodness
thanks for letting us know
I was reading but didn't want to clog the airwaves
Thinking of you, Chick, and OH and son
Keep safe and take all the help on offer

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Glad all iswell. This took me back. Make sure you have a currentphoto of your husband just in case you need it in the future.

Sorry for the rushd reply chick. I\m on a different computer and struggling to find my way.

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, Heike. Thinking of you. Let us know how things go, but take your time. And keep safe. I know how frightening those episodes are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson