Need to talk Dave in hospital

dedicated doe

Aug 24, 2007
wirral merseyside
HI Again,sorry but i need to talk,Dave was taken ill at the day centre today,the staff noticed his speech was quite slurred and he went more shakey than he usually is,anyway he was taken to hospital and has had the routine tests bloods xray etc and are now waiting for the brain scan which i hope will be carried out tonight,the doctor is not sure if its another bleed or a clot (Dave has vas dementia ) i am so worried about him he told me he is so fed up with it all,the voices in his head and the dark shadows i wish i could take it all away for him,i have not long got back home so its on with the coffee as i am sure i will not sleep much tonight as the saying goes tomorrow is another day. Thanks for the talk god bless Doe.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Doe, I`m so sorry to hear about Dave.

It must be awful for him, to be so aware of all that`s going wrong and I`m not surprised he is heartily sick and tired of it all. I hope that now he`s in hospital, something will be done to help his symptoms.

Please keep in touch and let us know how he is.

Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Doe, this is so hard for you both.

Do hope you hear some good' news soon. Thank you for sharing, sending you my very best wishes.

Love n'hugs,

dedicated doe

Aug 24, 2007
wirral merseyside
Dave still in hospital

Hi again,thanks for the messages,Dave is still in hospital and has been transfered to yet another ward ( 3rd one ) he had a brain scan and the doctor said he will discuss it with us on Monday along with his medication,what i have found upsetting is Dave is now getting agitated with worry saying WHAT IF THEY SAY I HAVE NOT GOT THE DEMENTIA WHY AM I WASTING THEIR TIME what do i say to reasure him,he was diagnosed with VAS DEM last year and when he has been lucid we have talked about what will happen in the future and he knows he has total love and caring from myself and the children plus support from the professionals,i am at a loss at what else to say to him i have spoken to the nurses on the ward but they will not tell me anything over the phone (I have not been able to see Dave since yesterday because of the family situation )i hope to see him tomorrow but i am getting into a panic over what the outcome will be on Monday,i dont know if i can keep a smile on my face for the sake of the children Anyway thankyou.God Bless Doe.:(

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
i dont know if i can keep a smile on my face for the sake of the children Doe.:(

Dear Doe,

I'm sure your children can cope with having their Mum very upset. It is natural for you to be upset over this awful business with your hubby. Let yourchildren help and support you - I'm sure they will want to.

You and David are going through a terribly hard time, and I fel for you so much.

In my opinion, one of the WORST things about this dreadful disease is that sufferers are so AWARE that something is wrong. They may not accept the diagnosis, but many know only too well that they are no longer as they once were. This is ghastly for them, and heart breaking for us as Carers.

I'm sending you my very best wishes for strength to cope and also some

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
WHAT IF THEY SAY I HAVE NOT GOT THE DEMENTIA WHY AM I WASTING THEIR TIME .:(

Dear Doe.
My husband says this too. There was an item on the news about benefit scroungers and he became very worried about his AA in case they thought he was pretending. And when he was offered a place at a day centre he said it would be better if someone who really needs it has it.
Please don`t feel the need to pretend to your children. If it`s bad news they will be as upset as you are. But let`s hope for the best with fingers crossed that whatever caused his recent attack is treatable.
Love xx

dedicated doe

Aug 24, 2007
wirral merseyside
RE.Your kind messages

HI,Thankyou for your kind messages,regarding my children its hard for me to be totally honest with them and explain in a way they will understand (my two boys have Downs ) i just tell them their Dad is not well and try to change the subject when he is having an off day,my daughter understands but i still hide things from her this i feel is the best. I went to visit Dave today and got such a shock at the hospital,i found him at the front entrance wandering about he did not know why he was there,luckily a friend had passed and got talking to him,i took him back to the ward and explained to the nurse what had happened,she said all the staff would be told of Daves wandering,i know how busy the nurses and wards are but it is still a worry i hope he is home soon,sometime next week fingers crossed.God Bless Doe.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Doe,
I do hope that Dave is back home with you and the children soon.
I admire what you are doing but you have so much else with children as well.
Do you have any help at all? If not you really do need it.

I wish you and your family all the best.
Christine

dedicated doe

Aug 24, 2007
wirral merseyside
Thanks Christine

HI Again,thanks for the message,my eldest boy has social services help as i am having a few problems with him at the moment but his brother is at home with me all the time at the moment,he has finished his three years at college but as he wants to get a job its been very difficult and a lot of running round,i hope he can find something in the months to come. I also hope Dave will be home next week he is just waiting on the consultant over his scan i do miss him terribly its not the same as when he goes into respite.Anyway thanks again.God Bless Doe.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan