Need Idea's.....

Shyness143

Jan 23, 2020
cocoa fl
I want to make my nan a fidget book, has anyone else made one? If so maybe idea's on what would draw her attention? Things that help brain function?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think you may have to explain what a fidget book is.
Ive come across fidget blankets and twiddle muffs, but not a fidget book

I knitted a fidget blanket for mum with squares of different colours and textures and sewed buttons, zips, pockets, laces, small finger puppets and things on different squares. Is a fidget book similar to that?

Shyness143

Jan 23, 2020
cocoa fl
I think you may have to explain what a fidget book is.
Ive come across fidget blankets and twiddle muffs, but not a fidget book

I knitted a fidget blanket for mum with squares of different colours and textures and sewed buttons, zips, pockets, laces, small finger puppets and things on different squares. Is a fidget book similar to that?
Yes very, it's the same idea. My nan loves to read but, can no longer stay focused enough to read a chapter. I'm just not sure of what things to put into the felt book. Was looking for idea's of what would catch attention.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
How about buying/making her a picture book? My mother can no longer focus on reading but she likes to leaf through books with pictures of the 'old days'. She also leafs through newspapers and magazines, she focusses on the photos but she also reads out sentences from them.

Shyness143

Jan 23, 2020
cocoa fl
How about buying/making her a picture book? My mother can no longer focus on reading but she likes to leaf through books with pictures of the 'old days'. She also leafs through newspapers and magazines, she focusses on the photos but she also reads out sentences from them.
Do you maybe have any suggestions on certain books, I don't want her to feel as if we're treating her as a child with children's books, but those are the only ones I can find in book's a million.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I managed to get a couple of history books of the village where my mum grew up. With photos from the 30s and 40s showing the school she went to and the church plus lots of shops etc and the windmill where her grandfather was the master miller. She spent hours thumbing through it and even found one had a photo of her elder sister when she was 10 playing in the street.
Have a look to see if you can find anything from where your nan is from.