Need carers for an hour to put dad to bed , vale of glamorgan , Wales area?

Frankieisblue

Dec 19, 2015
Already have carers from social services package for mornings , same care agency can't do evening hour , they are good though also do two sitting sessions twice a week , giving mum time off, a sort of befriending service ....but no night slots available !

Me and mum just need a carer to put him to bed , its hard work

Any ideas from people living locally

Might it be worth putting an advert in local paper ?......although could attract dodgy types

These agencies seem to want the whole package , offer them an hour a night and they don't want to know !!

Is there a private carers register ?

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I think I would go back to social services (assuming this is social services funded package) and explain the night time problem and ask them to negotiate on your behalf - they have more power because of the numbers they are paying for. If you want extra as in extra sitting hours you could then look (our best source of information was our local carers organisation - a trip to the carers cafe will give you a tonne of local information including good and bad agencies and carers) separately but I would try to get the SS essential part of the package sorted out first

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Already have carers from social services package for mornings , same care agency can't do evening hour , they are good though also do two sitting sessions twice a week , giving mum time off, a sort of befriending service ....but no night slots available !

Me and mum just need a carer to put him to bed , its hard work

Any ideas from people living locally

Might it be worth putting an advert in local paper ?......although could attract dodgy types

These agencies seem to want the whole package , offer them an hour a night and they don't want to know !!

Is there a private carers register ?

i cannot even get someone to get MIl up and dressed local firm charge £20 /hr and have no one local . SS not interested as she is self funding. if could find some one would be £500 a month so i may as ell give up my P/T work from home . Attendence allowence does not cove rthis .

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
wow we paid a local carer £11 an hour and attendance allowance really helped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryMc086