Need advice for friend

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi hope you can help ,first just to let you know peter has settled down in his home , and it's lovely to spend time with him without the stress,he looks so well and now I realise it was the best thing I could have done for him he is nice and clean even though he still puts up a bit of a fight with his personal care . I would just like some advice for my friend who,s husband has been in the assessment hospital and now they are saying he can come home but she does not want him to because he is gets a bit nasty , she can't understand why they would send him home when he is like this , can she stop them bringing him home or will they just send him when it is time for him to go out, With love to you all Christmas xxxxxxxx

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I don't have experience of this , however, I've seen posts that suggest that the discharge can be refused and SS involved using terms like 'duty of care'(theirs) and 'vulnerable adult'. I understand that no one other than the LA have a duty of care towards an individual. It would obviously help if SS were already involved and a point of contact with a SW already established as things are likely to develop quickly.

It's good to read about the improvement in your own situation, with your Peter doing so well.