Nearly the end of the story

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Everyone

Well it's nearly the end of my story now, the funeral is tomorrow. Boy I feel as if I'v been on the fastest roller coaster ever. I have a photo of my Nanna next to my kitchen sink of her last Christmas day, when she was just her normal self and she's now gone. Also in the picture frame is a photo of my Nanna's mum and dad, which I feel is nice as she is now with them once again.

I am reading a poem tomorrow, which I am really nervous about as I'v never read infront of a lot of people before. But will do my best and try and get all the words out lol. I have chosen two poems one which is quiet sad and another which is a bit uplifting, the uplifting one is the one I think I will choose in the end.

I just want the day to be over, but then if the day is over then it really does mean my story of my Nanna is over aswell. No more memories to be made between us, just great memories to remember.

It's daft the things that remind us of our loved ones. The other morning I made some toast but only had brown bread in. It took me back to staying with my Nanna as she always used brown bread for toast, how daft is that lol.

O well I'v woffled on a bit now so will leave it at that lol.

Take Care All
Clare:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
All best wishes for tomorrow Clare. You are coping very well and I really hope you will manage a good strong voice for your reading. When you read your poem, don`t read too quickly, slowly and steadily is the way to get your message accross.

Remember Talking point is still here for you as long as you need it.

Love xx

Last edited:

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Clare,

It's an unreal time before the funeral, a sort of limbo when time stands still and I know that this has been longer than usual due to holidays.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Just remember when reading your poem that there may be a lot of people in front of you but there are also a lot of people behind you i.e. everyone on TP. :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I just want the day to be over, but then if the day is over then it really does mean my story of my Nanna is over aswell. No more memories to be made between us, just great memories to remember.

Dear Clare

The story of your Nanna will not be over as long as you live. She will live on in the memories you have of her, and the way you share with her all the good things, and the not so good, that happen to you.

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'm so glad you're going to read a poem, it will be a lovely tribute to your Nanna. Take a deep breath before you start, pause, then read it slowly and clearly. You'll be fine.

Post again and tell us about it, I'll be thinking of you.

Love,

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Clare
thinking of you tomorrow.
My journey is complete,but Peg's story will never end.
She is always in my thoughts,she always will be.
Her life story book is being used to give talks on dementia and to help othes.
Norman

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Thank you

For all your kind words, they mean so much at the moment. The flowers turned up earlier and the florist has done us proud. I'm just in limbo now waiting to get changed.

I was doing really well with my poem last night, reading it nice and clear. However this morning I can't even get past the first line lol.

Sue thank you for your kind words it is nice to think that all at TP will be behind me.

I don't know what else to put at the moment apart from I'm a total mess at the moment.

I'll post soon and let you know how it all went.

Take Care

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Everyone

Well the funeral went ok. Some really nice words where said about Nanna. I managed to get through my poem without any mistakes lol. One of my great aunties (my Nanna's oldest sister) asked me for a copy of the poem because she thought it was really nice.

Dont' really know what else to say at the moment apart from thank you so very much for all your support over the last month. And I will now try and help others where I can, to get through this terrible illness.

Take Care

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Clare,

I'm glad it went well, and you managed to read the poem. I knew you would!:)

Take care now, look after yourself, and come back to TP whenever you like, we're always here for you.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Clare,

I am glad you got through the day and that everything went OK. Caring Thoughts, Taffy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sillymom23