Nearly 7 weeks on and thank you.

sammyb

Sep 19, 2007
Nottingham
It'll be 7 weeks on Wednesday since my laddo came home from hospital. He is relaxed, calm, cooperative at getting dressed and undressed though not so the shower!!!!!! He is able to potter to the loo, he talks quite a bit now but he still wants to lie down (asleep mainly) in a darkened room all day - but that is how it is. The good news is I got him on the scales yesterday. 2 weeks before he left hospital they reported his weight as 6 stone 9lbs but I know he barely ate or drank after that so I never dared ask again. Yesterday he weighed 7stone 10lbs - and it's all thanks to sloppy weetbix (6 a day) because that is all he will eat and which I spoon feed him, loads of sugar and loads of milk. Should I write and thank weetabix do you think? Every night I come on the Talk Forum to see how people are and read the threads and posts and all I can say is a very big thank you to everyone. You have been my absolute lifeline in those quiet and loneliest of hours just before dawn which we all know about. You have kept me on an even keel which has enabled me to be calm and composed around my very different laddo. Thank you every one and, to you all, the Happiest and best of New Years you can possibly have.

Love from Sammyb

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Lovely to hear from you.

My best wishes to you both for 2008 (hope the weight gain continues - well done, as I am sure it is thanks to you.).

Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sammy

What pleasure to read your post. Who would have thought there would have been such an improvement . It is only your love and perseverance that has seen you through.

Even though your life is far from ideal, I`m sure you will be having a happier new year than you thought possible.

Take care

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Sammy, I'm glad it is all going so well for you and your 'laddo'. You're obviously doing a great job, and he is enjoying the security of being at home. Well done.

I wish you both a happy and peaceful new year.

Love,

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Sammy,

Seems there are two of us who have had a fair Christmas, mine went okay as well with mum accepting coming to us and having to go back to the home. It augers well for 2008 in that I can invite her again hoping that she will know it is only for a few hours, and indeed have already mentioned it to her.

Love and best wishes for the coming year

Margaret

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Sammy,
I am so pleased that your laddo has gained weight.
Your post is much happier and I do hope 2008 continues to be a peaceful one for you both.
As for the Weetabix, the funny part is for those going onto diets in 2008, I bet that is something they will not eat !!!
Well done for your love, patience and perserverse.
Very best wishes. Christine

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm filled with admiration for your courage and the love you show to your husband. You are so rght about TP, it helps to let off steam, it helps to know that others understand what you are going through and have been kind enough to try to think of ways to help. Good luck to you both in 2008, long may you continue to be together. xxTinaT

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sammy,

I am so pleased that things are so much more positive. I wish you the very best for 2008. Take Care Taffy.:)

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Morning Sammy

I would also like to wish you and your Laddo a Happy New Year.
Your love and devotion are inspiring, of course the Weetabix does have a part to play in all of this.
God Bless
Janetruth x

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Hello Sammy

How lovely to read such a positive post hope the progress continues.

Best wishes.

Linda x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Sammy,
Thank you for your post which was so uplifting. It is onderful to hear that your "laddo" is so improved! Your dedication and devotion are entirely the reason, so may I congratulate you on being such a wonderful Carer? Please continue to post - it is great to read about the progress you are making. Thank you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej