Nearing the End?

vmmh

Jun 25, 2018
I haven't followed or posted in a little while but have used everyone's advise in situations where I found myself. In October I placed my husband (with early onset dementia) on Hospice. I believed he was approaching the end of his journey and that he fit Hospice's "less that 6 months to live" guideline. Thankfully he slowly improved back to eating better and being more alert, although he was no longer able to stand up on his own or with only one person assisting. Two people were needed and he could only take a few steps before needing to sit. At this point Hospice suggested he be started on "pain medication - morphine". I did not see any evidence that he was in any kind of pain and so I declined. I later took him off Hospice since they were not helping me deal with things at all. His condition stayed unchanged until about 2 weeks ago when it became apparent he was losing weight and sleeping much more. His muscle twitching has gotten worse despite using medication, Baclofen. And just standing up with two people assisting is much more difficult now. I believe his end is approaching.
Anyway, I'm not sure why I am posting this now except that I thought it might help me to write it down and share. Thank you all for your kindness and willingness to help others. You may not always know how or how many lives you have touched. I have found this forum to be God sent and invaluable. Thank you all again.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @vmmh
thank you for the update; a sad situation for you
I'm glad TP has helped before, and that you thought to return today - someone is always here, so post whenever you feel the need
best wishes to you both

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @vmmh, please accept my best wishes at this difficult time.

As has already been said, post whenever you feel the need. The forum members will be here for you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read of your situation @vmmh. I'm glad youve decided to share here and I hope that helps a little.

Wishing you strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petal705