Nearing the end???

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
My hubby has been going downhill since Valentine's Day. He is now on morphine patches for his hip pain and spends most of his time in a deep sleep. He snores very heavily then sleeps peacefully. I visit him every day at the n home and today there was a change. He is now so thin and occasionally held both hands up in the air and tried to lift his shoulders off the pillow whilst staring at me. I saw this as him begging me to take him home but he is bedbound and very ill. He's only taking small spoons of thickened liquid and hardly any puréed food. It is so heartbreaking.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
My hubby has been going downhill since Valentine's Day. He is now on morphine patches for his hip pain and spends most of his time in a deep sleep. He snores very heavily then sleeps peacefully. I visit him every day at the n home and today there was a change. He is now so thin and occasionally held both hands up in the air and tried to lift his shoulders off the pillow whilst staring at me. I saw this as him begging me to take him home but he is bedbound and very ill. He's only taking small spoons of thickened liquid and hardly any puréed food. It is so heartbreaking.

How awful you must be feeling. I'm so sorry and pray for God to give you strength.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Billy's Girl I really feel for you, I too know what you're going through. There is no advice to give except be there with him as much as you can be. Also wishing you the strength to cope with this. xxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
I feel so sad for you. I hope your loved one does not linger to long. It is heartbreaking and they have suffered enough. My love and thoughts and love are with you.xx

KatieRich

Jan 3, 2017
Derby
Can't imagine how you must feel. Sending you hugs & love xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Mum used to do this sometimes... Try to think of him giving you a hug, if you can....rather than his wanting you to take him away.
.... and hugs from me (((()))) x.x.

Billy's Girl

Oct 8, 2013
West Yorkshire
Thank you for your kind comments

Even though I go every day I bet its Sod's law that he will go when I've left. The carers say it happens so often that the he waits until they've gone. Thank you for your kind thoughts. It does help.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
My dad died recently before he slipped into a coma he would pull my arm across his chest and just hold it there, almost seemed as though he was pulling a comfort blanket over him. In his coma I continued to stroke his face and hold his hand. I spent many hours by his bed side staying at night in the 6 days following but also gave him time to slip away when I wasn't there. However he hung on until his last evening when I popped out for a couple of hours. However I feel he had a constitution that fitted in with his life mantra of ...just keep going dear...so not to do with me not being there otherwise most likely be would have slipped away after receiving last rites. I am thinking of you at this very difficult time and hope his end of life is as peaceful and kept pain free as dads x