1. 29Wilkia29

29Wilkia29 New member

Nov 12, 2019
    Female
    Leeds
    Just need to get this off my chest tbh. I've posted before but had to change my user id due to change of phone and password etc.
    My OH is19 years older than me(62) and after 7 years of struggle(his fault and gp's) finally have a diagnosis of alzheimer's. Anyway,I'm still working 4 days a week and love my job. Asked my new boss(different shop same firm) if we could take part in national elf day. Was told yes but this soon dwindled to a no. Several poor reasons as to why. Another store same firm has gone ALL out and raised a lot of money but I'm left with literally £3.94 donations to send away and a very bitter taste in my mouth that I, the person who feels it most(as well as my OH) was not allowed to take part in raising money for a cause that gets absolutely zero backing from anywhere else. I'm mad. I'm upset. Rant over . For now

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hopefully your boss will never know the pain of a back being turned on dementia awareness @29Wilkia29

3. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    Some people have no idea
    Hugs x

4. 29Wilkia29

29Wilkia29 New member

Nov 12, 2019
    Female
    Leeds
    Thanks fo the hugs. Feel a bit better about it all today. Sadly statistically the boss will possibly have to deal with it at some point in his life.

5. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    It’s a bit like being a human yo-yo! Emotionally & rationally!!
    Take care of you
    X

6. andreasss86

andreasss86 Registered User

Dec 10, 2019
    Why not try again on National Christmas Jumper day? It's on the 13th.

7. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Christmas Jumper Day is Save the Children, not Alzheimer Society.

8. andreasss86

Dec 10, 2019
    It is indeed, but it's a wonderful way to help people too. If it didn't work for one cause, doesn't mean you have to stop trying. Each cause matters.

9. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    What I meant was that the big jumpers day is an organised fundraiser for Save the Children.

10. andreasss86

Dec 10, 2019
    Yes Izzy, it is. At my office we will actually hold our own fundraiser for Save the Children on the day and everyone will be able to donate. I think it's a great idea, which any company or business can do. Donations can even be done via card.

11. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    My husband works for a big company & every year they have a charity
    Last year was the Alzheimer’s society &lots of people opened up about their experiences- even strangers. It was the most successful fundraiser. keep the hope alive!

12. 29Wilkia29

29Wilkia29 New member

Nov 12, 2019
    Female
    Leeds
    Thanks for all the replys. We will be doing xmas jumper day. I will be joining in but I think that's what got my goat initially. After being told the boss doesn't like his staff dressed up it surprised me that he would allow jumper day and not elf day. Each are admirable causes but as you can imagine elf day is closer to my heart. I am however,positive that if I'm still able to work this time next year I will be met with a different reaction. Enjoy xmas jumper day. Save the children. And take care of what matters to each of you the most

13. DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
    picture of the jumpers please! X