Nasty Neighbours and Dad Thats Far Away

Ladywriter1968

Oct 2, 2009
London UK
Hi All,

I dont come on here much as had a lot to deal with, but just wanted to air my frustrations and I see this site has changed a bit, so hope my thread is in the correct section.

For those of you whom I spoke to before you would know about my Father who lives quite far away now in a care home with dementia, the later stages he is at now, Yes he has gotten worse now, cant walk and hardly speaks and when I speak to him he looks at me blankly and does not really understand, so I have that emotional aspect to deal with, plus being only child and my Mother died when I was a child myself so things have been pretty tough really. Oh and he does not know who I am any more either now. Just some strange woman that visits him.

But despite all and came out of my depression a bit I try to remain positive, even though when you feel all is going against you.

Now we have been having awful time with a troublesome neighbour living down below, we are in a small block, so you can imagine, he is nosy, horrible and a trouble maker who attracts all kinds to our block. The police and council do nothing much, since we fell out with this person. We had rows with him over a couple of years. It will go quiet for a while and then he will start it all up again.

Other week he was shouting up abuse at our window in front of neighbours. The police warned him, Then the other day we find white paint chucked all over our car, it was a right off, now with no car its harder for me to visit my Dad as he is in a care home further away, it will take me ages by public transport, we cant afford to get another car. We have no proof this guy was involved but even the police said he could have paid some one else to do it, so even they suspect him as they have always had a lot of trouble to do with him. Plus the guy is very clever as he always gets out of situations pleading sympathy because of his health condition.

Because this man has certain issues he seems to get away with everything, the council and police do nothing and we are stuck with it all.

I try so hard to remain positive as I am a song writer and have been trying ages to get some where with my music by aiming and contacting high up people in entertainment and hoping that I will get a lucky break.

But its really hard at times and I do feel down as nothing is going right.

I have a sick Dad and a nasty neighbour that causes trouble to deal with. The police give us those victim cards, but I could use them as new wall paper couldnt I, what good are they.

I had to get this off my chest, thanks for reading.

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Hi Ladywriter1968
I am amazed that nothing is being done to help you with your horrendous neighbour. I can never understand why people can get away with this behaviour. I am afraid that I do not have any advice for you in that respect. Just know that I am mad on your behalf that this situation is allowed to continue...... You have a lot to deal with, especially with your Dad not being local. I wish you luck with your songwriting. Must be lovely to have a talent like that.

Last edited:

Ladywriter1968

Oct 2, 2009
London UK
Car murder

to add to top everything, some thug a week later chucked paint all over our car and it was a right off, so now no car we have to travel to see Dad via public transport and its like 2-3 trains and then a bus to him. Before the car was like half hour drive. We cant afford another car, we think its connected to the thing called a neighbour downstair but no proof, the police closed the case the day after. unbeliavable, as my husbands mate once said to me, "No one cares anymore"

Ladywriter1968

Oct 2, 2009
London UK
thank you

Hi Ladywriter1968
I am amazed that nothing is being done to help you with your horrendous neighbour. I can never understand why people can get away with this behaviour. I am afraid that I do not have any advice for you in that respect. Just know that I am mad on your behalf that this situation is allowed to continue...... You have a lot to deal with, especially with your Dad not being local. I wish you luck with your songwriting. Must be lovely to have a talent like that.
Dee x
Thank you, alas my message below a week later some thug, chucked paint over our car, no car now, when husband went down to the car, the white strong paint was all over it already drying through the 80 degree sun. police came down and even have cctv down our rd, case closed a day later, no witnesses no evidence. No car, great! Not. We think the neighbour is connected as all the other cars were left alone. even the police said he could have paid some one to do it. See this guy downstairs has mental issues he in his 40's and does what he likes and nothing is ever done about it. He jumps into peep biz and cos we live in a small council block its very tricky, as we have to pass his door to get out to the main entrance door, and we cant even talk on the landing as he is listening all the time. He has a speaker on his spyhole with sound on it, neighbour lives next door to him told me this. He is very invasive, but they make allowances due to his condition. After the last row with the guy it was decided to be best to keep out of each others way, which was fine, then at a meeting council meeting, I heard him saying to the housing officer in other part, they ignore me. She said, well you have caused a lot of issues, but he cant see this. I said I would get injunction against him, to normal people thats a warning to "back off and leave me alone" to him, it means "you are picking on him" how is an injunction picking on someone, its the total opposite actually.

They said to keep records of everything, but whats the use of that if they aint gonna do nothing.