Name Tags

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Although we havent yet used respite or CHs I have often seen discussion on labelling clothes. Kirstie Allsopp (Location Location Location) just tweeted a link to this and I thought it was a really good idea.

http://www.easy2name.com/product.htm?product=easytags

I suppose its not cheap, but as they can be reused would save a lot of time sewing in labels. (not a fan of the iron on ones as mine always fell off).

normelle

Apr 25, 2010
bournemouth
hi sue

just seen your post,,,the name tag item on your link is very good.
i got one for dave and used them on all his day care clothes..it it easy to use.

i went to a care show at the b,i,c, a couple years ago,and got the info from there,
i wish you luck
love normelle xx

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Wow Sue, thanks for the link. Looks brilliant, have saved the link in case I ever need it and sent it on to my God Daughter's Mum. I loathed sewing all those tags on my childrens clothes when they were at school :eek::D

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
What a good idea, particularly for socks:) David's iron labels were always falling off and in the end I used permanent ink marker.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I bought my first lot of name labels from Easy2name but I opted for the iron-on labels and they have been brilliant. I ordered from a different firm for my second lot but these are definitely inferior printwise, it remains to be seen whether they are also inferior in longevity! I thought the buttons might be uncomfortable to wear.

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
I have ordered the buttons and they came very quickly. I think I made a slight mistake ordering the white ones, as the black ones may have been clearer. However with possible emergency respite on the cards in the next few days I think I will appreciate the speed of attaching the buttons as opposed to sewing or ironing.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Sue

I used the ones you mentioned for my mother and they were great, if not, pricey. Can I also say that the writing is not as prominent as the pictures would have you believe - and i could barely read my mother's ones.

I have got these this time round which are roughly the same but you use little labels instead of the name being on the button. They are considerably cheaper and you don't need a gadget to put them on with.

http://www.labels4kids.com/section/11/1/press_on_name_tags_and_fasteners/b1654047d6759537f1a5fb1c9f04ff46

Pete1965

May 31, 2013
Name Labels

Hi, just came across your discussion. I would also like to recommend this site happyhappyhappy.co.uk their name labels are great. They also sell through eBay with fantastic feedback. Might be worth a try as an alternative (they're cheap as well).

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
The place where mum goes to respite uses them, I think they are horrendous as when they take them off they can leave holes in clothing, that's if they bother to take them off at all, and try doing so without the proper device for doing so ruined a nail or two! I used iron on name tags but after a few washes they would start to come off, but would stick again once re ironed, in the end I hand sewed them onto every piece of clothing mum has and we are talking a lot of clothes here, and get this stuff still goes missing when in respite!